Our Adventures with Laila Rose

31 May 2010 | Leeward Marina, Green Turtle Cay,Bahamas
28 April 2010 | Spanish Cay, Bahamas
20 April 2010 | Stuart, Florida
17 February 2010 | Scorpion Marina, Port Canaveral,Fl.

Stuart, Florida on the Ball

10 April 2010
Robert-sunny 76-winds NE 12-21mph
We arrived in Stuart Florida along the Inter-coastal Waterway on April 6th. We decided on the ICW due to high seas and winds from the SE impeding our travel plans. Along the way we saw a Canadian vessel(one of many heading north) which hailed from the LeHavre River in Nova Scotia. They hailed us on the VHF and wandering were we were from since we are flagged with an unusal flag( St. Vincent and the Grenadines). Through the conversation we found that this gentleman new Nancy's Dad and had owned a sporting goods store not far from their home in Bedford. Small world.
At present we are tied to a mooring ball at Sunset Marina waiting for the weather to settle down along the Gulfstream. Winds N-gusts 30kts with seas- 7-10ft, not good for sailing. We will stay here for approx. 4 days and enjoy this quaint little village around the marina. Great pubs and restaurants.
Comments
Vessel Name: Laila Rose
Vessel Make/Model: 1986 Shannon 50 Ketch and Hull # 17
Hailing Port: Kingstown, St Vincent
Crew: Captains: Robert & Nancy Hampson
About: We both sailed earlier in our lives and we spent a few days of our honeymoon sailing in the BVI's. We both commented that we have never been so relaxed and it is the perfect way to see and enjoy paradise.
Extra: Our first boat was a Hunter 430 and for years we sailed around Florida. We now have Laila Rose, which is a true bluewater boat and plan to spend the new number of years going to where ever life takes us. Life is truly an adventure, if you allow it to happen.

Who: Captains: Robert & Nancy Hampson
Port: Kingstown, St Vincent