Our Adventures with Laila Rose

31 May 2010 | Leeward Marina, Green Turtle Cay,Bahamas
28 April 2010 | Spanish Cay, Bahamas
20 April 2010 | Stuart, Florida
17 February 2010 | Scorpion Marina, Port Canaveral,Fl.

Getting ready to move south

20 April 2010 | Stuart, Florida
Robert-Sunny, 74 winds E 5kts
The weather is finally changing so that by Friday or Saturday we will be able to make the crossing over the gulfstream to the Bahamas. Tomorrow morning we are motoring south on the ICW to Lake Worth, with two other sail boats, where we will spend the night at anchor. On Thurday morning we are planning to go out to sea and sail down to Noname Harbor which is near Biscayne Bay, south of Miami. From this Latitude we can easily cross the gulfstream in 6 to 8 hrs and use the 3 kt current from the stream to help us.
Our stay in Stuart was much longer than expected so we made the most of our time here. We visited many pubs, found great restaurants, went to 2 music festivals, and saw a movie called "Casablanca" starting Humphrey Bogart and Ingrid Bergman. Great movie, but the at the same time we got the chance to meet the son of Bogart and Lauren Bacall -Steven Humphrey Bogart who at the end of the movie gave a narrative of the movie, his life as the son of very famous parents. Most interesting and by the way he is a very interesting person himself.
Will write again soon,
Vessel Name: Laila Rose
Vessel Make/Model: 1986 Shannon 50 Ketch and Hull # 17
Hailing Port: Kingstown, St Vincent
Crew: Captains: Robert & Nancy Hampson
About: We both sailed earlier in our lives and we spent a few days of our honeymoon sailing in the BVI's. We both commented that we have never been so relaxed and it is the perfect way to see and enjoy paradise.
Extra: Our first boat was a Hunter 430 and for years we sailed around Florida. We now have Laila Rose, which is a true bluewater boat and plan to spend the new number of years going to where ever life takes us. Life is truly an adventure, if you allow it to happen.

Who: Captains: Robert & Nancy Hampson
Port: Kingstown, St Vincent