Where In the World is Landover

23 February 2016 | Magnalina Bay
23 February 2016
09 February 2016 | Marina Palmira, La a Paz, BCS, Mexico
08 February 2016 | Marina Palmira, La Paz
06 February 2016 | Marina Palmira, La a Paz BCS, MX
06 February 2016 | Marina Palmira, La a Paz BCS, MX
03 February 2016
01 February 2016 | La Paz, BCS, Mexico
27 April 2014 | La Paz Mexico
09 March 2014 | La Manzanillo, Mexico
05 March 2014 | La Manzanillo, Mexico
09 February 2014 | Espiritu Santo y Isla Partida
03 February 2014 | The Islands and Beyond
02 January 2014 | La Paz
31 December 2013 | Marina Palmira, La Paz
05 November 2013 | Silver Gate Yacht Club
20 October 2013 | Marina del Rey
20 October 2013 | Monterey Bay, CA

Islands Get-Away

09 February 2014 | Espiritu Santo y Isla Partida
Captain Chrees
Hi All,

We're having a do-nothing day today. Weasie has had a cold for several days and hasn't let it slow her down. Sooooo it's time to let her body recover from her overdoing. We've been hanging out in the various bays of Isla Partida. For the last three days we have been anchored in the southern end of Ensenada Grande Cove. We have hiked across the island to stand high upon the huge cliffs looking east across the beautifully blue Sea of Cortez. It turned out to be quite a hike. It was a lot of up and over a lot of boulders for 2-1/2 hours and it was warm. It was another 2-1/2 hours climbing back down. Rhonda Mancini from s/v Swan joined us. She is a fun and adventurous spirit.

Yesterday we (Rhonda too!) took the dingy to the northern parts of our cove intending to visit the baby seal colony a little further up but it was too rough. We settled on landing on a beach and snorkeling along the base of a cliff. We saw all kinds of fish in among the corals. The water was 72 degrees. I guess it was a little too cold for our thin suits. Wease and I both had numb fingers by the time we got out. On the way back we were hauling along full throttle planing and jumping through the bumpy seas when we took a nose dive into a large wave and half filled the dingy with the Sea of Cortez. I throttled back, Weasie was a little freaked and Rhonda was laughing and cracking up! The two ladies got busy with the big sponge and started emptying out the dink. Mental Note: bring a baler and keep the weight aft in the dingy.

Last night we had Rhonda and Dave over to Landover for BBQ chicken, green beans with bacon and onions, Jasmine rice, corn bread and Rhonda brought us bread pudding for desert. It was a great feast with great company. Dave and Rhonda have sailed over much of the South Pacific. They have some wonderful stories and tales to tell. Dave is a traditionalist. He hardly ever uses his motor - hates the thing. I think Jack Aubrey would approve.

Time to go. This is a great life but we sure do miss our family and friends!

Chris & Louise

CHECK OUT OUR PHOTO GALLERY "ISLANDS GET-AWAY" FOR MORE PICTURES!
Comments
Vessel Name: Landover
Vessel Make/Model: Valiant 32
Hailing Port: Sacramento, California
Crew: Chris & Louise McCurry
Landover's Photos - Main
7 Photos
Created 9 February 2016
5 Photos
Created 8 February 2016
Found "Wally's" Blog (sv Stella Blue) and found Mama Kitty story and photos as a young girl.
2 Photos
Created 28 April 2014
IT'S ALL ABOUT ME!
4 Photos
Created 27 April 2014
Photos from Espiritu Santo
8 Photos
Created 14 April 2014
A New Beginning for A Kool Kat!
4 Photos
Created 14 April 2014
Incredible Rock Formations of the Isla Espiritu Santo and Surrounding Outcroppings and Caves (The caves we motored our dinghy into)
18 Photos
Created 9 March 2014
6 Photos
Created 9 March 2014
12 Photos
Created 4 March 2014
6 Photos
Created 4 March 2014
8 Photos
Created 2 January 2014
Richard's snaps of Morro Bay
5 Photos
Created 5 November 2013
8 Photos
Created 17 October 2013

Magic Kingdom of Landover

Who: Chris & Louise McCurry
Port: Sacramento, California

Where In the World is Landover