life IS beautiful

10 May 2010 | Horse Shoe Bay, QLD, Australia
09 May 2010 | Magnetic Island, Far North QLD, Austraila
08 May 2010 | Townsville, Far North QLD, Australia
08 May 2010 | Townsville, Far North QLD, Australia
08 May 2010 | Townsville, Far North QLD, Australia
07 May 2010 | Between Bowlers Green and Townsville
07 May 2010 | Townsville, Far North QLD, Australia
05 May 2010 | Shark Bay - Upstart Bay, QLD, Australia
04 May 2010 | Shark Bay
02 May 2010 | Bowen, QLD, Australia
01 May 2010 | Bowen, QLD, Australia
30 April 2010 | Boner Bay, QLD, Australia
28 April 2010 | Nara Inlet
26 April 2010 | Thomas Island, Northside
25 April 2010 | Thomas Island
24 April 2010 | Mackay, QLD, Australia

Heading along

28 April 2010 | Nara Inlet
Lori
Nara Inlet - Hook Island
We woke very early (normal for us) to a lot of swell, a lot of uncomfortable swell, no rhyme or reason to it, and decided to not sit in the bay, but to make tracks for Shaw Island about 5NM away to find some cover.
After a quick breakfast, off we decided to go.
Miguel has begun re-teaching me everything (I'm a very slow learner), so I was trying to raise the Anchor and get us going. I say TRY, as I had a wee little LOUD distraction to contend with as well.
Ever. 13 KG of bubbly babyness, howled at the thought of her Mumma not being there for her every whim, I had to hold her, no daddy would not do, it HAD to be mumma, and LOUDLY.
Which incidentally made it VERY difficult to calmly steer us whilst trying to help Miguel adjust and raise the sails, but I did manage to get us (which would not of been possible without Miguel - this must be said) going at about 5 knots! It truly became to stressful for me and Miguel with Ever screaming her head off, grabbing at me, demanding boobie the whole time, so Miguel took over, and I settled into calming her down.
If anyone has any ideas for entertaining a toddler at sea, PLEASE let me KNOW!
We draw, we color, we read stories, we play with toys, we have tea parties, we cook together, we watch a massive amount of FINDING NEMO.... everything I do I include Ever in it. But alas a boat is not a park, and sitting still is not in a toddler's nature.
Plus I am sure she is still wary after the last sail of seasickness.
I did manage to get her down for a nap about 930 -1130 (I slept with her! Love it when that bonus happens), and in having us asleep, Miguel managed to get us up to a WONDERFUL 9 knots of cruising pleasure, we woke up, headed to the cock pit and had lunch.
Lunch was leftover roasted pork sandwiches (YUMMY) and chicken noodle soup. A favorite amongst a picky baby- so truly who am I to argue?
We decided to cruise up to Nara Inlet on Hook Island, and arrived at about 230.
It's a beautiful calm inlet, with fresh water pond (yet to be discovered), waterfalls, and a few walking trails to go see Ngaro Aborigine art (sublime).
We anchored up, and Michel headed to have a must needed nap, and Ever and I watched 'Finding Nemo' for the 9th time in the last 3 days.
Just keep swimming, keep on swimming - la la la la laaaaaa- Its amazing how this one show, will enthrall her for hours, or until the next boobie demand comes in. (Which yesterday did not stop, she almost broke Miguel and I down completely, but we held strong. Parents 1 - Ever 2895 - but at least we have one)
Miguel deeded to take a burn around the inlet with Ever, and he found a fantastic beach, the fresh waterfalls, and the entrance for the walk - all to be attempted tomorrow.

We have some resident cockatoos circling us, and 2 came over to check us out, and hang out, whilst we decided to have a dance party on the cockpit.
Dinner was a mushroom and roast pork risotto with zucchinis, garlic, onions and fresh corn. It was divine, and I must admit, I am sad to see the pork finished.... Really I could eat it for at least 2 more meals, overkill? Yes. But soooo yumcha.

As we head off to our respected berths for sleeping - that sounds funny. Happily married couple sleeping in different berths?? I think Nara Inlet is one of those special places everyone should come to.
It's a magic holiday tucked away from reality. We are surrounded by amazing rock formations, and trees, trevali are cheeky and swim right up to the boat and stick their fins out to say HI (how yummy thee shall taste once we catch you - smarter than the fish - must be smarter than the fish), cockatoos, no swell, or strong current, waters that are crystal blues, aquamarines, and ceruleans, and a beach waiting for us to explore.
Tomorrow, I shall start on my Math homework.
Sure.
Sure.
Sure.
Comments
Vessel Name: La Dolce Vita
Vessel Make/Model: 2004 - 36ft - Schionning
Hailing Port: Mackay, QLD, Australia
Crew: Mike, Lori, Ever and Nemo
About:
LDV is our first sailing Cat. We are relatively new to the live-aboard-sailing prospect -- with a 21 month old baby and a japanese fighting fish. [...]
Extra: This is the beginning of a wonderful adventure.

Who: Mike, Lori, Ever and Nemo
Port: Mackay, QLD, Australia