Lemons Way

Continuing adventures, observations, and images.

The Plan

Sarah and Keith's late-model Catalina 25 is much more modest, in terms of cost and expenses, than my last sailboat. I was under a somewhat severe budget this time and needed to get the most safety and comfort for the buck. The Wing is a pretty solid platform, considering its size, but I've begun moving forward on some relatively minor upgrades to make the sailboat safer and more comfortable for family cruising. The following is my current project list: Replace crazed and cracked plexi-windows so the view to the outside is more pristine; install large capacity porta-potty (the sailboat has a designated head space, but it does not appear this boat was sailed very much at all, particularly for periods of time requiring a porta-potty - better to start fresh with a modern new one); add basic depth sounder and chartplotter unit (it already has through-hulls for depth and analog speed wheel - I would like to get that hooked up as well so as to better gauge current.) It's also going to need a back-up anchor set-up in a quick deploy duffel... and a zodiac... and a small motor for that... and a few of those roll-up solar panels to add to the old-school panel when needed. Several of the projects are already underway at the Sailboat Shop at Lake Pleasant in Phoenix. When they are completed in a few weeks or so, I'm hoping to do another sail with Lynn and Dale, then overnight on the sailboat at Pleasant if possible, then take the mast down the next morning and bring her back to Tucson to store until the next sailing trip. When and where will that be. Stay tuned groupies.

Comments