Lemons Way

Continuing adventures, observations, and images.

My Wife and Daughter Cruising with Me On Lake Pleasant

The sun was starting to go down as we headed for our anchorage, but it was warm enough to have the baby up on deck. Our little Celia went on her first overnight sailing trip when she was just 5 months old and her second when she was 7 months old. She did just fine, though she does get cranky on the long drive home. We can't blame her. Celia usually sleeps in her own bed at home, and there is a quarter berth on the Catalina 25 for when she's old enough, but this time she slept with her parents in the forepeak to keep warm. We cozied into a cove with a few other boats who also stayed the night. Enjoyed dinner of bbq chicken soft tacos with radishes, avocado, and canned salsa. Warmed the tortillas with a can of sterno, which also served as our heater. Winds were light, water was glassy, and I secured all the creaking lines and other sounds, so we had a silent and uneventful night. Except that Sarah's feeding alarm went off at 2:30 in the morning. I went up on deck after finding her iphone and shutting off the alarm. There is something about a sailboat anchored in a safe cove with masthead light burning bright that I find extremely satisfying. Eventually I fell back to sleep and awoke to the morning light.

Comments