Lemons Way

Continuing adventures, observations, and images.

To New Bern

Today the project was traveling to and from New Bern in the motor home. It is 29 miles from Oriental. I got prescriptions filled, we picked up some things at the hardware store, we parked outside the theater for awhile attempting to fix my internet and talking to Will at Hydrovane. We picked up other and sundry supplies in the "big city." Frankly, it was a nice break from the monotonously calm bliss of Oriental. On the way back we stopped and picked up 20 feet of 316 stainless steel tube which we will use to reinforce the bimini so that it will handle the solar panels and become like a hybrid arch. Since we have been driving a scooter and everyone knows everyone in town, the lady asked us how we were going to get the tubing home. I pointed across the street to the 34 foot Rebounder, the perfect vehicle to transport such a long span of tubing. And that we did, to Deaton Yachts, where Tropical Dreamer is located. Unexpectedly, they determined to move the vessel to a new location after 7 months to make room for a big powerboat. We watched as they picked her up with the travelift and moved her to a corner of the yard, perfect, as the foreman said, for the motor home to cozy up into. So on we go.

Comments