Lemons Way

Continuing adventures, observations, and images.

Jake And Anne Board Tropical Dreamer

I took a nap, drove over to pay the Deatons bill (it was a lot less than I feared), and then walked the dogs to the sailboat. The first challenge was getting them in. At first they didn't understand why I was taking them into this strange place, as if it wasn't ours. The lady in the sailboat next to us was giving me the evil eye, as if I was a trespasser. It must have looked pretty odd to be introducing dogs to a sailboat that was apparenty in mid-cruise. Even though the boat was a foot or two from the dock at most, it was still too far. Eventually I had to lift both dogs onto the boat, which was easily doable from a dock roughly the same height above water as the boat. Once aboard, they did fine. The deck, even the non-skid, is slippery on the dogs paws. I'm going to have to keep a very close eye on them until they get their sea legs and of course even afterwards. The cockpit is large enough for myself and the dogs without being too cramped. If there were a few more passengers, however, it would admittedly get a bit cozy. The companionway steps are too steep for the dogs. The good thing about that is when I put them below, they will stay below; the bad news is that I have to lift them in and out of the cabin every time they go in or out. I won't be surprised if they learn to climb up and down by themselves over time. Oh, by the way, if you were wondering where your hat went, Matt, I've got it.

Comments