Lemons Way

The continuing adventures of a cruising sailor/family lawyer, his wife (also a lawyer), and their young children.

16 October 2017 | Northern Sea of Cortez , within a short cruise from home port
16 October 2017 | Somewhere along the way
16 October 2017 | Northern Sea of Cortez
11 October 2017 | Marina Real. Not supposed to work on the boats in the water, but doing it anyway
08 October 2017 | Kitchen, Tucson
05 October 2017 | Backyard
17 September 2017 | San Carlos, Son.
17 September 2017 | Driving back to Marina Real
15 September 2017 | Soggy Peso
07 September 2017 | Downwind Marine, San Diego
07 September 2017 | San Diego
07 September 2017 | Coronado, CA
07 September 2017 | San Diego
05 September 2017 | Grand Canyon
02 September 2017 | Rancho Sedona RV Park
29 August 2017 | Sabino Canyon
17 June 2017 | North Sails Loft
17 June 2017 | North Sails

A Change In Plans

06 July 2008 | Oriental
Keith, cloudy and windy
If I haven't mentioned it in the blog, I got called back to Tucson for some court hearings in mid July. I scheduled flights departing and returning to Norfolk, VA figuring I would have plenty of time to sail there, board the dogs, and find dockage for a week. Well that plan is changing. I'm ready to depart, but thunderstorms are predicted for the next several days and I just don't think it is a good idea to slog my way through them while rushing to Norfolk. Rushing on a sailboat is generally bad and ruins everything. I've been stressing about it and trying to find flights out of another city closer by. No luck. Then it dawned on me. Norfolk is 4 days away by sailboat, but only 4 hours away by car. I think I can get the dogs boarded here in Oriental a lot easier than in Norfolk (I've been trying to find a good place in Norfolk for days without success). I know I can find dock space easily in Oriental. And I have a motorhome that can do the 4 hour trip easily and provide me a place to base out of in Norfolk. So I'm keeping my travel plans and flights already reserved and purchased but delaying the sail north until the situation is less rushed and the weather is more stable. This will give me another several days in Oriental to finalize things on the boat, work on the computer, and relax before the weeklong trip back west. Then I'll fly back into Norfolk, drive back to Oriental, pick up the dogs, re-store the motorhome in my already paid for spot, pick up the boat, provision as needed, and head off at a proper pace. This plan is subject to change but I'll keep posting as long as I have internet.
Comments
Vessel Name: Oz
Vessel Make/Model: Cascade
Hailing Port: Tucson, Arizona
About:
Keith is a 40 something year old Family Law Attorney from Tucson, Arizona who somehow managed to develop a love of sailboat cruising and adventure in spite of growing up in the desert. This blog used to be about how I become a n occasional coastal cruising sailor. [...]
Extra: Our sailing life has now come full circle back to San Carlos on the Sea Of Cortez.
Gallery Error: Unknown Album [1:]:3311
Oz's Photos -