Lemons Way

Continuing adventures, observations, and images.

It's Monday And We're Back On Boat Maintenance

Sunday was, as usual in these parts, a relaxed day. Last night after midnight it rained heavily but the boat remained cool and dry, which was really comfortable. There's something about being in a boat when it's pouring outside but dry inside that is very satisfying. If we weren't on shore power, it would have gotten muggy inside with all the hatches closed, but we had ac, so it was cool and dry inside. We had better enjoy it while we have it because I suspect the hottest and most humid phase of this summer's cruising adventures is ahead of us. Today so far we are replacing the oil and the rest of the oil and fuel filters. This diesal engine has three filters for the fuel and a filter for the oil. We are also going to replace the water impellor and seals, and replace and properly tighten the belt. That should put the engine in order for the next 500 - 1000 miles or more. There are some other little projects that will take us perhaps until tomorrow and then Tropical Dreamer will be ready to head on. However, about that time, Fay or its remnents will be headed our way, so we may stick around. We'll see. I've got a court hearing that I'm appearing at telephonically early this afternoon, so it's good to be parked here for today. Starting to feel the urge to continue cruising, but again with Fay coming, we can't just boldly go south. Perhaps it will dissapate in a harmless direction... Nobody here thinks it will be very much when it gets this far north.

Comments