Lemons Way

Continuing adventures, observations, and images.

View from the Port Window After Spending the Night at Dry Dock

After a long drive down to San Carlos, stopping at the kilometer 21 inspection area to complete the required boat import paperwork, I finally arrived at the Marina Seca work yard around sunset. Based on previous experience, I expected cool sea air. Instead, when I opened the door to my truck, I was hit with a blast of humidity that told me right away summer had not yet departed. October may be the perfect time to cruise on the east coast of the US, but in San Carlos, that kind of cool weather was still in the future. By the time I unloaded the truck, I was covered in sweat and already had a few mozzy bites. I put on my 100% deet spray and headed to the grocery store for some ice. After the sun set it cooled down and I wound up enjoying a nice, comfortable night on the boat sleeping in the forepeak. When morning light came, I took some pictures through the portholes of the many boats now stored at the San Carlos dry docks. Clearly, this place has become a final destination for cruisers of all kinds. There were also 10 or so large sailboats in the work yard whose owners live on them while preparing the boats for continued cruising during the winter. Boker Tov was by far the smallest sailboat in the work area.

Comments