Lemons Way

Continuing adventures, observations, and images.

Inteior of Singmeaway with GPS Chart Plotter/Depth Finder installed

This photo shows the interior of my Catalina 25 after my July summer sail (as it were). I sailed the boat across the baja and back on a previous voyage in May with wires dangling from this machine. It was a pain to move and stow them repeatedly. I finally had the "professionals" do the install. I'm not sure how much the electrician they put on this job knew about sailboats, but he did the install better than I could at that time. Plus, the incredible heat and humidity, I would have been in trouble for sure. I remember he had a huge fan hooked up by an extension cord inside the v-berth while he worked below. Smart. The screen has a white cover on it and is installed on a swivel mount so that I can see it from inside and out. I like to keep it on at night at questionable anchorages and otherwise when I'm cruising. It has a dim setting that hardly uses any battery and will show me our exact position and changes from anchor set position in numerous ways anytime I want to look up from sleep. You can also see on the floor the zodiac deflated with its oars sitting on top. Singmeaway sits in exactly this state (I hope) as I write this months later. She patiently awaits her next sailing adventure.

Comments