Lemons Way

Continuing adventures, observations, and images.

Afternoon Rest In Memphis Near Graceland

I hung out at the Walmart in Little Rock until about 1:00 p.m. writing a legal pleading for a divorce case that is dragging on post-trial and post-ruling. It got so chilly in the Bounder that I actually enjoyed the heat when I stepped outside after I finished the draft and e-mailed it to the Client. 150 mile drive to Memphis. Short compared to what I've been doing. While in Little Rock, I caught a little music show on National Public Radio featuring a musician from Paris who played the most incredible spanish/french guitar. Hearing that music while parked at the Walmart in the rough part of town was such a contradiction. It was the sort of thing that one only experiences while traveling. Great art in a place one would never expect. Tonight I'm parked at an RV park within walking distance of Graceland. The park closest to the attraction was too busy and unreasonably expensive. Note to self, don't say too much about my previous employment. The guy at this RV park went into 10 different law-related stories when I responded to his question regarding my employment. From now on, I am a cruising sailor, that's all. It is worth noting that the ice I got from Alison's house in Flagstaff lasted me until just now. I've filled my muffin tins with water to make ice using the 30 amp electric hook-up I've purchased tonight for $32. That is rather expensive for an RV space according to my experience, but when you consider the cost of running the generator for 16 hours at $3.75 per gallon per hour, it makes a lot more sense. More importantly, this place has huge open fields adjacent to the park which the dogs will love. Right now (5:30 p.m.) it is so hot and humid that water is dripping steadily from the forward air conditioner off the roof down the side window. I'd like to get some BBQ tonight, we'll see. Maybe just a walk with the dogs past Graceland.

Comments