Lemons Way

Continuing adventures, observations, and images.

Some of the 2700 boats in Oriental

Oriental calls itself the Sailing Capital of North Carolina. They have over three boats for every person in the village. We have been checking the sailboats around the marina for solar panel installation designs. Evidently my existing supporting bars do not meet the grade and this is causing concern. If the solar panels fly off in the wind, it will be problem. We will try and solve that now. Proper brackets may have to be ordered. Perhaps we can retrofit something onto the structure that's already there. If any readers have thoughts, we'd be open to suggestions. Panama land deal perspectus is almost done. That was the major project for today. We kept sending it back and forth, adding and editing, until there was nothing more either of us could think to do. Then we went to the boat and started to put up the bimini, but I couldn't find it and it was so hot sweat was dripping down my face, so we came back to the air conditioned Bounder for a break. From the look of things around Oriental, we are going to be the most productive ones in town for the next two weeks. It is so low intensity here. This place is off the beaten path to say the least. My cell phone doesn't even work unless I drive the scooter down the street to find a hot spot. Nice.

Comments