Lemons Way

Continuing adventures, observations, and images.

Morning Commute

I am writing from the floor of the Bounder (Rebounder as my mom calls it) at 3:00 in the afternoon. This is Anne time. This is also break time. We head off to the boat in the mornings before it gets too hot, then back for late-morning break and meal, then back until it is too hot and sweaty to go on. Then back for a few hours in the air conditioned comfort, then back for a final session before the mosquitoes kick in. Working in the hot humid conditions is brutal. We are soaking wet in sweat after a session and it is an effort for me just to get up and check whether something is straight. Progress is being made, but slowly. During the last 24 hours, Matt has begun flush mounting the guages for the solar andwind systems. It is going to look sweet and very professional, but it takes a lot of time. I am religated to clean-up, handing tools, and holding things. Most of the time I am too slow to be of use. My separate projects for now are sanding the bottom of the boat with 80 grit paper to prep it for new bottom paint and removing the old letters in preparation for the new letters. I'm making slow progress. This morning I was so blue from ablative bottom paint sandings that the kid at the hardware store called me a smurf. Some sort of running joke here. Still another round or two of sanding to go before it is time to think about putting paint on. I'm also pretty much responsible for making sure we are fed and that the dogs are cared for. So I'm not looking for suggestions for good books just yet.

Comments