Lemons Way

Continuing adventures, observations, and images.

A Successful Repair

I bought a Walker Bay hard dingy from the previous owner along with the Catalina 36 because that is a necessary cruising tool which is used to get from the boat to shore and back. The dingy came with a tube that goes around the side (RID, Rigid, Inflatable Tube - a hybred between a hard dingy and an inflatable), but the previous owner didn't have it installed because it had holes and he hadn't fixed them. So I did. Matt and I filled the tube with air, took it to the water, and inspected it while pushing sections of it into the water. It was pretty easy to spot the bubbles, some coming from a previous repair. I broke out the repair kit, read the directions, and followed them. The tube has been holding air now for days. Once it is attached to the dingy, it will increase the hard dingy's boyancy tremendously and hopefully allow me to transport Jake and Anne safely and securely. The rated capacity with the tube installed is three adults. It has a 3.3 HP Mercery 2 stroke engine that powers the boat fairly robustly. Without the tube it was a very unstable boat, but nible and easily rowable - not appropriate for dogs. I have another dingy, the Zodiac, which was on Singmeaway (the Catalina 25 which is still for sale at Lake Pleasant, AZ). It is bigger and very stable, but I want to try and make the Walker Bay work if posible and the Zodiac (and the Honda 2hp 4 stroke that goes along with it) will be my back-up/liferaft.

Comments