Lemons Way

Continuing adventures, observations, and images.

The View From The Bow Unobstructed

We've been hanging out here in the Oriental harbor now for several days and will be for several more before I gear up for the trip west. That line of rocks provides the barrier from the waves that makes this anchorage so nice, especially in the squally conditions we've been having. There are boats anchored here from all over the world. Austrailia, Canada, South Africa, Titusville, Florida. You become one of the locals quickly at this anchorage. I chat with my next door neighbor boat (the ones from Titusville) often. He came over and helped me adjust the wind turbine so that it stopped hitting the tube (too late unfortunately to avoid damaging the blades, which will have to be replaced). Another neighbor came by and gave me some advice about the trip north. I've heard about people who anchor here for months and months.

PS. I just got an e-mail from the couple who backed into my anchor chain a day or two ago. I don't remember giving them my e-mail. They wanted to apoligize again and make sure there wasn't any damage to the chain. I've been holding fine, but I'll check when I put in to the slip in a few days. That was very good of them.

Comments