Lemons Way

Continuing adventures, observations, and images.

Middle Of the Night Update

My internet connection is so spotty tonight that all I can hope to upload is text. I don't know if the picture will go through. We're two nights back on the boat since returning from the necessary but emotionally difficult trip west. Now we're parked in Oriental (again) waiting for the blades to be installed tomorrow and for that court hearing on Wednesday. It is for the best, however, because there are still so many items on my to-do list. I did laundry this morning after taking the dogs for a long walk, spent a few hours in the afternoon updating ads for the truck, the other sailboat, the house for rent. Got a lot of other things done. I didn't feel like napping late this afternoon and enjoyed a two hour reading session before happy hour and dinner. Yes, we're enduring this arduous cruising lifestyle. When it's not raining, it can get powerful hot here in North Carolina (as I've written previously). The air conditioning in the boat is only ok. It got up to 81 degrees in the cabin during the hottest part of the day, which was still a lot cooler and less humid than outside. I had to turn the temperature several degrees warmer when I awoke just now - it was freezing in here. The lower and more centered you go in the cabin, the cooler it gets. That's where the dogs settle. They've taken quite well to the dog place I set up in the pit sofa. So have I. It's a great spot to relax. Speaking of which, I think I'm starting to. Things will liven up in a few days.

Comments