Lemons Way

Continuing adventures, observations, and images.

Fay

Well, well, well, what do we have here. I spent some time early this morning studying this system and it isn't likely to hit us hard, but it seems were likely to feel its effect more or less. The predictions for this area are 20-30% chance of heavy winds later this week. However, if it does turn into a hurricaine and tracks as predicted, we will be on the top right portion of the system, which is the dangerous side. I'm in a pretty safe place now, but this thing isn't supposed to come our way until Wednesday or Thursday. Lets just take it one day at a time. If it doesn't look good to head south again on Monday or Tuesday, perhaps we'll be here for longer than expected. I've discussed with my German friends an action plan in the even a hurricaine hits in this area. We will anchor our boats in a protected spot near here, get the dogs and ourselves and the most important things in their Ford Explorer, and evacuate away from the shore, leaving the sailboats to sink or swim. And we're not going to leave the dogs even if the shelter won't allow animals. Probably nothing will happen and the system will dissapate long before it gets here, but just in case.

Comments