Lemons Way

Continuing adventures, observations, and images.

Daybreak In St. Augustine, Florida

I woke and when it got light out I was treated to this sight. Cleaned up the boat. Cleared out the rear cabin and checked the raw water strainer and packing gland, both of which appeared fine. Took the dogs for a long walk. Motored to the marina and filled up with diesel and water. Headed south. Traveled about 15 miles to this short river inlet where I'm presently anchored and getting ready to take the dogs to the beach. Met a nice guy last night (who I helped get his no-motor dingy to another boat). He called me over to his boat around sunset for a beer. This guy was living on a boat that I wouldn't spend a single night on. No electricity, bathroom, no anything. Just a place to sleep on the water. Yet he had me over for a beer for helping him get up-current to another boat. It really made me appreciate the absolute luxury I live in while on Tropical Dreamer. Aside from the cush interior, I have electricity, a working head, refrigeration, navionics, cleanliness, storage, full kitchen, fuel and water supplies for a week or two, so much more. I am so fortunate and I forgot how lucky I am to be traveling this way.

Comments