Lemons Way

Continuing adventures, observations, and images.

The Best Burger King Ever

I remember fast food like this being disgusting but I have to say this was really tasty. I went to the KFC later in the day and brought dinner back to the boat - it was indeed finger licking good. I have leftovers for lunch as a long cruise is anticipated for today. The weather in Titusville was nice with a cool breeze and the marina had a perfect shady area with concrete floors (which the dogs love) and we wound up sitting there for several hours while I studied Skipper Bob's treatise on cruising in the Bahamas. The dogs just laid down on the floor and greeted everyone who walked by. Skipper Bob says the people who cruise there on sailboats and trawlers don't typically go for a week or two and then leave. He claims the cruising community goes there to stay for the winter and they sometimes cruise around to different destinations but more often hang in a few places and form communities on the water. Interesting. I might have to try that. He also warns that first timers typically don't go much farther than the northern Islands. My personal destination in the Bahamas for this trip, as I think I've mentioned before, is Eluthera. Eluthera is in the Exumas, a chain of islands farther south. Eluthera is where I worked as a Club Med sailing instructor many years ago and I've always wanted to sail back there on my own one day. That day is a coming. Even though the village was closed after a hurricane, I will remember the pink sand and the geography and the feel of the place and probably there will be some remnants of the Club Med. After Eluthera we may or may not head back. Heading back, if that is what we do, will be its own travel adventure so fear not readers, plenty more of this little travelblog is to come.

Comments