Lemons Way

Continuing adventures, observations, and images.

Morning In Vero Beach

It was a muggy night. I slept in Anne's bed (the biggest bed in the whole boat, of course) but couldn't get too comfortable due to the humidity. I let Jake sleep out on deck and he did fine. When I took them on a walk before departing Jake determined to chase two balls into the river and wound up getting himself lost in the mangroves and I just about had a kaniption (sp) before he was retrieved. Jake is such a rebel and he's getting worse as he ages and becomes more independent. Anne, my baby, did something to her right front paw. I think she punctured one of the pads on a pricker or something. It is just a little hole but it is bleeding a tiny bit every time she takes a step. The sailboat is littered with little red dogs from Anne walking about. I'm monitoring it closely and even (this is going to seriously gross you out) licked it clean the way she licked my foot injury clean - she deserves at least that. It tasted salty and her paw pad was rough on the tongue. I know this sounds gross but I can't tell you how many times Anne has brought me comfort by licking my legs or feet at just the right time.

Comments