Lemons Way

Continuing adventures, observations, and images.

Aunt Marlene And I At The Dingy Landing

I arrived at the meeting point in front of the grocery store and my cousin and aunt were waiting. I jumped into the air conditioned car and we spent the afternoon provisioning and ended with lunch at the local BBQ joint. Aunt Marlene was great, schlepping with us to store after store to get all the things on my list. We had a really nice time together and I actually got teary eyed when it was time to depart. It was just so joyful to be with family after several months on my own. We loaded the dingy to the brim with bags of food and dog food and gear and headed to TD. Jodi was hooked as soon as we departed on the zodiac and it only got better as she enjoyed her first sunset at anchorage. It was great. We took the dogs together to shore in the darkness with only the full moon and a couple flashlights. While walking them we stepped into the air conditioned entrance to this shopping area and hung out there in comfort while this nice young girl gave the dogs a massage that made them melt in her arms. Then we dingied back to the boat and took dips in the relatively clear but night time dark water. It is something I wouldn't have done myself but after I saw Jodi do it I had to give it a try. It's almost as good as a hot fresh water shower. Very cooling. And when you get out the breeze really cools you off and it feels great. Going to have to make dips a regular part of the routine. Now I know why the dogs jump into the water every chance they get. We're still trying to figure out where Jodi will sleep but for tonight she's camped out with the cockpit pads and towels on the front deck in full view of this beautiful breezy evening. Another thing I would not have done but she claims to be extremely comfortable. So far so good. I had such a great time with Aunt Marlene and cousin Jodi and such a wonderful time sharing this cruising lifestyle with Jodi this first evening. I hope it continues to be great as we transition into this next phase of this adventure.

Comments