Lemons Way

Continuing adventures, observations, and images.

Tropical Reality In Marsh Harbor

It's been many days since I had an internet connection so I don't know how many will read this, but Jake, Anne and I are doing well and back at Green Turtle Cay. We had a great time in Little Harbor, snorkling, scuba diving down the blue hole, hiking around the island, visiting neighboring towns, watching movies, reading books, making food with Fred, hanging out with the moorings charter starships, and much more. But the weather just kept deteriorating and I got sick of waiting for a window south and decided it was time to head back north. Naturally at that point the weather calmed considerably and then starting blowing from the north for the last several days. Would have been perfect conditions to continue heading south but alas, I tire of cruising alone with my two dogs and dare I say am beginning to miss my family, friends, the legal profession, and the other nice things in my life outside cruising. I think the lower Bahamas would be an even better (and safer) experience when I can cruise with someone and share the adventure. Enough for now. The above photo was taken from the big yellow boat I breakfasted on while in Marsh Harbor two nights ago. I was going to head past Green Turtle and stay someplace altogether new tonight, but there is supposed to be a front coming through tonight and tomorrow and I'd prefer to be someplace where I can find protection and other people if I have to wait out the weather. I'll post more while I'm here tonight and at least tomorrow morning, but I may not have internet again for a while after that.

Comments