Lemons Way

Continuing adventures, observations, and images.

Crossing Paths Again

I spent a second day on the ICW yesterday cruising 20 some miles from Peck Lake to my present anchorage in Faber Cove at Ft. Pierce. The current was with me pretty much the whole way for my last day of cruising on this trip. It was sunny and nice outside with a fresh north breeze against me the whole time just to complete the experience. A few miles from my destination I crossed paths with the Canadian folks I encountered during my first few miles on the ICW two Octobers ago. When last we met while anchored on a wall in Virginia they invited me onto their boat for lunch and we spent time together later that evening on my boat. There is a picture of them in the blog aboard Tropical Dreamer. They invited me once again to follow them back to the Bahamas but again I declined. Even through I'm once again getting off the cruising path while the rest of the cruisers head south along the water road to paradise, I'm content with what I've done so far and ready to embark on new adventures, whatever they may be. As I turned off the ICW towards last night's anchorage I saw dolphins ahead, always a good sign.

Comments