Lemons Way

Continuing adventures, observations, and images.

Packing Out

There simply isn't enough room in the car. I took so much stuff with me sailing because I didn't know how long I would be gone. A lot of the stuff I'm leaving will be useful for continued cruising, whether long or short. But things go bad on a stored boat pretty quickly so who knows how much of it will last since it will be at least 3-6 months before I'm back on the boat... maybe more. I managed to get plenty of sleep last night except for waking up at midnight to drag the dogs inside the cabin because they wouldn't stop barking at something that got too close to the boat. Awoke at first light, put the dogs in the car (they are already getting the back seat sandy and nasty), and headed to Dunkin Donuts for a well-toasted everything bagel and creme cheese and a coffee with creme and sugar. Yum. Jake hasn't left the car since we got back. Anne is hanging on the boat with me while I work to get the all the final details tied up. There is another boat in the travel lift space so I gather my 9:00 a.m. haul-out is in jeopardy. Oh well, I could use some more time to get the boat ready. Means I will be driving at night some to make it to Oriental within the 3 day window. In the meantime, there are several BBQ places in this town that I've been eying. I tried one yesterday for lunch. It was good, but I think there's better. Seems like I'll be here until least lunch. Well, gotta keep on the packing. It's not hard, it just takes continual effort until there's nothing more to do but put on the locks.

Comments