SV Lequesteau's Quest

02 February 2017 | Mount Hartman, Grenada
14 January 2017 | St. George's Grenada
14 November 2016 | Clark's Court Grenada
14 November 2016 | Clark's Court Grenada
08 November 2016 | Clark's Court Grenada
08 November 2016 | Clark's Court Grenada
08 November 2016 | Clark's Court Grenada
08 November 2016 | Clark's Court Grenada
18 August 2015 | Hartman Bay, Grenada
14 August 2015 | Hartman Bay, Grenada
08 August 2015 | Hartman Bay, Grenada
08 August 2015 | Hartman Bay, Grenada
04 August 2015 | Rodney Bay, St. Lucia
26 July 2015 | Rodney Bay, St. Lucia
19 July 2015 | St. Maarten
17 July 2015 | St. Maarten
12 July 2015 | St. Maarten
11 July 2015 | St. Maarten
07 July 2015 | St. Maarten

Up date on Engine Woes and a Little Less Wining

15 July 2015 | St. Maarten
Caroline Carroll, Sunny and damn hot!
It is alive! As of 1547, Tuesday, July 14, we have a running engine. Don't get me wrong, we are not quite ready to slip the dock lines just yet. We heard the engine run yesterday and confirmed that there were no leaks in the boat and the cooling water was going over the side. You couldn't wipe the grin off Greig's face! There are still some things to get done namely, putting the expansion tank in place, wiring up the electrical harness from the alternator to the house batteries, and doing a sea trial. We are getting closer!

Thank you to everyone for all of your support during this stressful time. It means a lot to us. We have had several folks ask us what this process has been like, so here is my description even a none boater can understand:

1. Remove everything you own out of every cupboard of your house and place it all on every available flat surface.

2. Remove everything, and I mean everything, including the mattress, from one bedroom, and place it on the bed of the other bedroom. Do this daily.

3. Have your husband take all of his tools from the garage and workshop, this includes jugs of anti freeze, oil, and stabilizer, and place them in neat piles next to you on your one and only spot on the couch, in your living room.

4. Once your husband has relocated his tools, etc, have him remove the engine from your car and have him place it in the middle of your kitchen. Then watch him, from your one and only spot on the couch, disassemble and reassemble it on your kitchen counter.

5. The last chore is to decide if you want to stay in your one and only spot on the couch for the next 8 hours or do you want to go outside and wait, before they take the stairs to your house away every morning.

This is the way we lived for the last three weeks. Would I do it over again? Of course I would, I wouldn't have a choice, if I wanted to continue on with our dream. But am I glad it is almost over, you bet your sweet a$$ I am!
Comments
Vessel Name: Lequesteau
Vessel Make/Model: Niagara 42
Hailing Port: Toronto/Halifax
Crew: Greig and Caroline Carroll
About: We are retired Royal Canadian Navy sailors who have been working towards "The Dream" for a long time. It is now a reality.
Social:

SV Lequesteau

Who: Greig and Caroline Carroll
Port: Toronto/Halifax