Never, never, never give UP!
01 September 2011
Today with clarity on the problem of the canals and decsions we needed to make we made some calls to Lockview Marine (our shippers of the mast, etc. Allison our Angel found out that our mast, boom, etc. are "alive and well".
Wiley's smile is beginning to take shape. In addition, we talked to her about shipping our boat to the Hudson River -/ Catskills where the mast, boom, et are at Hop-O-Nose-Marina. We learned that this is not possible because there are too many restrictions about trucking oversized loads, however she suggest that we could ship to Annapolis.
This means we will go down the Cayuga and Seneca Canal to Lake Cayuga. We have contracted to have the boat hauled at a marina on the Cayuga Lake -near the Lockview Marine and they will pick it up and get the mast etc. to us in Annapolis. This will allow us to go home during the time it will take this to happen, see family, and for Merry to honor her commitment to do some consultant work she had agreed to do in September. The good news is we will be further down the coast toward our destination and hopefully miss any of Katia's-the next Hurricane's impact- the bad news is we will give up seeing New York City on the way down. It will have to wait until we take the trip back.
Merry's arm is healing, so just as her decrepit body is coming around,Wiley's old body takes its turn by throwing his back out. He managed to do this by getting on the boat from the wall.
He took a muscle relaxant and while this is not a cure it does provide Merry with some peace and quiet for the period he sleeps it off. Poor guy! ( I am amazed to watch all of the twitching, sighing, and pacing subside even if it is for just a short period of time. ) He is hopeful that his back will be better tomorrow so the dream can live on... with its new challenges.