Letters from Antipodes in Margaritaville

09 July 2010 | Marina Mazatlan
09 July 2010 | Marina Mazatlan
23 April 2010 | Mazatlan
29 March 2010 | Mazatlan, MX
22 March 2010 | Mazatlan, MX
11 February 2010 | Reno,NV
07 June 2009 | Mazatlan
24 May 2009
24 May 2009 | Mazatlan, MX
24 May 2009 | Marina Mazatlan, Mazatlan MX
24 November 2008 | Reno

Back at the boat

24 May 2009 | Marina Mazatlan, Mazatlan MX
mike/weather is hot, hot and muggy
I got back to the boat on March 12. no entries because we have been doing projects. (Hope I can attach some pics) Chris had gotten down here in November to get an Insurance survey done and I had planned to be here for our anniversary on Feb 23, but, as you can see that did not happen. So when I got here, she had booked us for three days at the El Faro Hotel overlooking the beach. For those not living on a boat and out cruising, staying at a Hotel for an anniversary is a normal event. Not because it's romantic or anything like that but because it has a bath tub and not just a shower like the boat.

The next week the boat went to the yard to have the bottom painted and new transducers for the new Raymarine instrument package installed. The work was done by Total Yacht Works and was very good. On top of that, the Singlar yard in Mazatlan has both a pool and a hot tub on a second story outdoor deck overlooking the marinas. The job took 8 days and we spent at least three nights sitting in the hot tub drinking wine and watching the sun go down.

After getting back to our slip, we completed the install on the instrument package and a new battery monitor to replace the Ample power unit that had died. We installed a new Orca Green Marine combo tricolor/anchor light/strobe at the mast head and installed a new Raymarine S3 course computer for the autopilot. We had to put the new computer in a new location that did not have the SSB cabling running behind it, something I think lead to the demise of the old one.

Chris is in the process of redoing all the cushions including new foam and I am finishing the upgrade on the radar system and some wood working projects. More next time and pics too, I hope.
Comments
Vessel Name: Antipodes
Vessel Make/Model: 1988 Wauquiez Centurion 47
Hailing Port: Reno, NV. USA
Crew: Mike & Chris Brown
About:
Mike is a retired Reno Fire Dept Batt Chief and Chris is a retired State of NV computer programmer. Both retired in 2000 with short returns to gainful employment to replenish the boat fund. Both have been sailing for about 28 years. [...]
Extra: Antipodes was purchased from a French partnership in 1999. It is a step up from their previous sailboat a 16' hobie cat. Antipodes was sailed by one of the partners and his girlfriend from France through the Panama Canal to Tahiti. The boat was featured in a short film about the trip.

Who: Mike & Chris Brown
Port: Reno, NV. USA