Letters from Antipodes in Margaritaville

09 July 2010 | Marina Mazatlan
09 July 2010 | Marina Mazatlan
23 April 2010 | Mazatlan
29 March 2010 | Mazatlan, MX
22 March 2010 | Mazatlan, MX
11 February 2010 | Reno,NV
07 June 2009 | Mazatlan
24 May 2009
24 May 2009 | Mazatlan, MX
24 May 2009 | Marina Mazatlan, Mazatlan MX
24 November 2008 | Reno

Multi-tasking

07 June 2009 | Mazatlan
mike/clear, warm, muggy and dark
We are trying to head across to LaPaz and then North in the Sea of Cortez by the end of the months. I have two major projects I would like to complete before we go 1) Finish installing the new autopilot course computer and 2) Mount the new radar dome on the mast. I have most on the course computer install done. New location away form the SSB cabling and compass and control head mounted, pump and clutch wiring done. I am just trying to find some good size 8 wire to hook the main power to the computer. For the radar I need to mount the new mount about 35 feet up the mast and than pull new cabling and hook up the raydome and the monitors at the nav station and the helm. With theses projects done I can clean up and repack the boat check all the ground tackle and provision. No sweat.

While I do this Chris is making all new cushions through-out the boat, making a new bag for the cruising chute and drawing up a new storage plan. Oh and orginizing the forward sail locker/garage.

As we sat in the cockpit tonight drinking a glass of wine before we headed to bed we talked about how we always try to get everything done before going anywhere. As a result we don't go too many places. So we have decided that we will get all this done or maybe only a couple of the most important and than just go if at all possible. Wish us luck and we will keep you informed. Will try to post pictures of the projects next time.
Comments
Vessel Name: Antipodes
Vessel Make/Model: 1988 Wauquiez Centurion 47
Hailing Port: Reno, NV. USA
Crew: Mike & Chris Brown
About:
Mike is a retired Reno Fire Dept Batt Chief and Chris is a retired State of NV computer programmer. Both retired in 2000 with short returns to gainful employment to replenish the boat fund. Both have been sailing for about 28 years. [...]
Extra: Antipodes was purchased from a French partnership in 1999. It is a step up from their previous sailboat a 16' hobie cat. Antipodes was sailed by one of the partners and his girlfriend from France through the Panama Canal to Tahiti. The boat was featured in a short film about the trip.

Who: Mike & Chris Brown
Port: Reno, NV. USA