LeuCat Adventures

Join us in sharing our adventures as we sail around the world. NEW!!************************************************************************* GET A COPY OF OUR TECHNO-TIPS DOCUMENTS--JUST CLICK ON THEM UNDER THE "FAVORITES" HEADING ON THE RIGHT

24 September 2017
30 August 2017 | San Francisco, CA
02 July 2017 | Simpson Bay Marina, Cole Bay, Sint Maarten
01 July 2017 | Simpson Bay Marina, Cole Bay, Sint Maarten
30 June 2017 | Simpson Bay Marina, Cole Bay, Sint Maarten
29 June 2017 | Simpson Bay Marina, Cole Bay, Sint Maarten
28 June 2017 | Simpson Bay Marina, Cole Bay, Sint Maarten
27 June 2017 | Simpson Bay Marina, Cole Bay, Sint Maarten
26 June 2017 | Simpson Bay Marina, Cole Bay, Sint Maarten
25 June 2017 | Simpson Bay Marina, Cole Bay, Sint Maarten
24 June 2017 | Simpson Bay Marina, Cole Bay, Sint Maarten
22 June 2017 | Simpson Bay Marina, Cole Bay, Sint Maarten
21 June 2017 | Simpson Bay Marina, Cole Bay, Sint Maarten
20 June 2017 | Simpson Bay Marina, Cole Bay, Sint Maarten
18 June 2017 | Simpson Bay Marina, Cole Bay, Sint Maarten
17 June 2017 | Simpson Bay Marina, Cole Bay, Sint Maarten
16 June 2017 | Simpson Bay Marina, Cole Bay, Sint Maarten
15 June 2017 | Simpson Bay Marina, Cole Bay, Sint Maarten

Year 10 Day 152 The Last Blog

02 July 2017 | Simpson Bay Marina, Cole Bay, Sint Maarten
Dave and Mary Margaret? Sunny With Passing Showers

Wow! I never thought about this last blog day until now. We have been living the dream for the last 10 years and had planned on continuing doing so as we were to sail across the North Atlantic this spring/summer and spend the next few years exploring the Med. However, the North Atlantic has been so hostile and continues to be so that it is no longer possible for us to safely make the long crossing. This is especially true now that we are so far into the hurricane season.

Then, last week we met with S/V Shift, another Lagoon 440 that came in and docked next to us. They had just sold their boat in only 1 week and got $15,000 above their asking price of $335,000. This really got us thinking and ended up firming up our thoughts on selling Leu Cat and "burying the hook" after 10 years of cruising.

We talked to Shift's broker and he offered to give us a market evaluation and suggested listing price in hopes of getting us to list with him. We told him that we had a blog reader who voiced an interest in buying our boat. We agreed to list Leu Cat with the broker if the interested blog reader decided not to buy directly from us.

The broker sent us the market analysis and suggested a listing price of $350,000 which we passed on to the blog reader. Then, bam, bong, buff, we and the blog reader agreed to a price and commitments were made. Now, the blog reader and his wife, Brian and Linda, are flying into Sint Maarten on Tuesday to finalize the sale and start following their dreams. Whew! Everything happened so fast that our heads are still spinning.

Mary Margaret and I, along with the help of a local, Kunta, are now scrambling to get Leu Cat ready to hand over to Brian and Linda. Thus, there really is not much more to write about in a daily blog that would be of interest to anyone. Therefore, this is the end of 10 years of cruising and blog writing.

We do wish to close this blog with words of heart felt appreciation to all of our blog readers who have stuck with us these many years and to those who have taken the time to leave blog comments and/or emails.

We especially would like to thank those that have helped us out during times when we were facing issues and could not solve them by ourselves.

Finally, we wish to thank all of the remarkably kind and generous blog readers who have met us all around the world, rushed down to our boat to greet us and then adopting us while we were in their respective home lands. You were so kind and each one of you have left a lasting memory with us that we will always cherish. You are such remarkable people and you made our time cruising so rewarding. We tell people we meet all about you and how kind and caring you were to us. You are remembered!

Thank you, thank you, thank you for following our blog and for all of you that enriched our lives by doing so.

Finally, a note to our children. Even though when we left to take on this adventure you were young adults, we know that you were concerned about our safety. However, you embraced our adventure and supported our dream. Thank you! We had no grandchildren when we started and now we have five! We were never there for their births but you did not make us feel bad about that - we just spoke often and laughed hard. Thank you!

Remember, always embrace each day, be kind to others and live your dream! We so appreciate that we were able to live one of ours.

Dave and Mary Margaret Leu (formerly of S/V Leu Cat)
Comments
Vessel Name: Leu Cat
Vessel Make/Model: Lagoon 440
Hailing Port: Dana Point, CA
Crew: Mary Margaret and Dave Leu
About: Our goals are to spend the next 10 to 15 years cruising around the world and sharing this adventure with family and friends.
Extra: S/V Leu Cat is Lagoon 440 rigged for blue water sailing. It is 44 feet long with a 25 foot beam
Social:
Leu Cat's Photos - (Main)
1 Photo
Created 27 February 2017
Wedding and Reception photos April 18, 2015, Yosemite, CA
49 Photos
Created 30 April 2015
Here are some pics that I took while visiting w/ my parents in the Galapagos Islands
22 Photos
Created 29 March 2010
Our Photos of this very magically place
94 Photos
Created 21 September 2009
1 Photo | 7 Sub-Albums
Created 1 April 2009
A tour of St. Kitts that Mary Margaret and I did
75 Photos
Created 7 May 2008
1 Photo
Created 25 March 2008
Pictures of the sea life in the cut between Little Jost Van Dyke and Green Cay, BVI
30 Photos
Created 17 March 2008
Here are a number of pictures of St. Maarten and the places we visited
36 Photos
Created 21 January 2008
Photos of Nanny Cay
6 Photos
Created 11 January 2008
Join us as we explore the Spanish, American, and British Virgin Ilsands.
15 Photos
Created 20 October 2007
To help get you ready to go sailing with us, we wish to introduce you to Leu Cat so you will know what to expect when you get here! Just click on the first photo and then use the "next" button to advance through this slide show.
19 Photos
Created 19 October 2007
This is a collection of photos documenting our sail through the Windward Islands during May/June 2006 with our son, David Paul.
62 Photos
Created 14 October 2007

Who: Mary Margaret and Dave Leu
Port: Dana Point, CA