LeuCat Adventures

Join us in sharing our adventures as we sail around the world. NEW!!************************************************************************* GET A COPY OF OUR TECHNO-TIPS DOCUMENTS--JUST CLICK ON THEM UNDER THE "FAVORITES" HEADING ON THE RIGHT

24 September 2017
30 August 2017 | San Francisco, CA
02 July 2017 | Simpson Bay Marina, Cole Bay, Sint Maarten
01 July 2017 | Simpson Bay Marina, Cole Bay, Sint Maarten
30 June 2017 | Simpson Bay Marina, Cole Bay, Sint Maarten
29 June 2017 | Simpson Bay Marina, Cole Bay, Sint Maarten
28 June 2017 | Simpson Bay Marina, Cole Bay, Sint Maarten
27 June 2017 | Simpson Bay Marina, Cole Bay, Sint Maarten
26 June 2017 | Simpson Bay Marina, Cole Bay, Sint Maarten
25 June 2017 | Simpson Bay Marina, Cole Bay, Sint Maarten
24 June 2017 | Simpson Bay Marina, Cole Bay, Sint Maarten
22 June 2017 | Simpson Bay Marina, Cole Bay, Sint Maarten
21 June 2017 | Simpson Bay Marina, Cole Bay, Sint Maarten
20 June 2017 | Simpson Bay Marina, Cole Bay, Sint Maarten
18 June 2017 | Simpson Bay Marina, Cole Bay, Sint Maarten
17 June 2017 | Simpson Bay Marina, Cole Bay, Sint Maarten
16 June 2017 | Simpson Bay Marina, Cole Bay, Sint Maarten
15 June 2017 | Simpson Bay Marina, Cole Bay, Sint Maarten

Year 8 Week 20 in USA Lots of Family And Friends

22 May 2015 | Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Mary Margaret /Sunny
Last Thursday we were in Portland and met up with my sister, Gaby’s, daughter Beth and her family. One thing about our stay in the US this time is that we have been able to see so many of our family this year. We were blessed to see Beth, Toby and girls at David Paul’s wedding. Now we got to see them in Portland as well. As it turned out, they were just finishing up their remodeling of their home so they had to be out of their house for the night. We told them about our hotel and they ended up staying there! We shared our evening meal with them and the next mornings’ breakfast. We had so much fun getting to know them better and spending time with their two sweet girls, Kate and Lexi.

Before we hooked up for dinner we spent the day touring Portland. We visited Portland’s Rose Garden and the Japanese Garden and loved our visits. Dave will post some pictures of our visit.

On Friday we continued our drive up the coast to Seattle. We were visiting many family relatives here since Dave’s father and relatives grew up in the Seattle area and my oldest sister, Lonnie, has her daughter, Anne, living here with her family.

We stayed with Anne, her husband Grant and their two little daughters, Evie and Lilly for the weekend. It was wonderful getting to better know them and we had a lovely room that we stayed in while we visited. Anne cooked wonderful meals for us and the family both Friday and Saturday. Sunday we took them out for dinner. They hired a sweet college student to babysit for the kiddos while we went out. The meal was tasty and we were able to have some great “adult time”.

While we were staying with Grant and Anne we went to lunch with two blog readers, Matt and Dave who drove up from Centralia to meet us. They had emailed us a number of months ago suggesting we get together when we arrived in the Seattle area. We met them at a lovely seafood restaurant. They have been reading our blog and are interested in the cruising life as well. We had lunch with them and got to know them better. Dave will post pictures of everyone.

On Monday we headed north to Bellingham. As we left Seattle we stopped in Edmonds to meet Dave’s cousin Brenda for lunch. Brenda is Dave’s father’s brother Bill’s daughter. I have known her since Dave and I have been married! (44 years this August!) She was not able to come for David Paul’s wedding but it was great seeing her again – we saw her at Christina’s wedding six years ago. We had a fun three hours of talking and catching up on our lives.

Late in the afternoon we arrived in Bellingham to visit Dave’s sister Doti. We rested that night and then saw Doti on Tuesday. We spent 4 or 5 hours together and had some great quality time together. It was lovely seeing her again. Before we got together, Dave had a chance to play a round of golf at the Sudden Valley Golf Club. Dave’s mom and dad used to live in Sudden Valley and Dave wanted to play a “memory” round. He had such a wonderful time smacking the little ball around and remembering the great times he played there with his dad and even sometimes with his brothers Don and Del.

Yesterday, we continued to go north and crossed over to Vancouver, British Columbia. We are now staying in Surrey, a suburb of Vancouver. For dinner we met up with some other blog readers, Sheldon and Grace, who have been in touch with us for at least five years. They have sold their house and have moved onto their boat as they prepared to start cruising. They are retrofitting their boat and unfortunately had some vandalism occur on their boat which they are also dealing with at this time. We saw their beautiful boat and then went out to dinner. We had an interesting evening talking about cruising. We will be seeing them again on Saturday as they have offered to take us into Vancouver and explore Granville Island. We will post their picture soon. As you can tell, this has been a really whirlwind week but it has been so special being able to see so many friends and family.
Until we speak again…
Comments
Vessel Name: Leu Cat
Vessel Make/Model: Lagoon 440
Hailing Port: Dana Point, CA
Crew: Mary Margaret and Dave Leu
About: Our goals are to spend the next 10 to 15 years cruising around the world and sharing this adventure with family and friends.
Extra: S/V Leu Cat is Lagoon 440 rigged for blue water sailing. It is 44 feet long with a 25 foot beam
Social:
Leu Cat's Photos - (Main)
1 Photo
Created 27 February 2017
Wedding and Reception photos April 18, 2015, Yosemite, CA
49 Photos
Created 30 April 2015
Here are some pics that I took while visiting w/ my parents in the Galapagos Islands
22 Photos
Created 29 March 2010
Our Photos of this very magically place
94 Photos
Created 21 September 2009
1 Photo | 7 Sub-Albums
Created 1 April 2009
A tour of St. Kitts that Mary Margaret and I did
75 Photos
Created 7 May 2008
1 Photo
Created 25 March 2008
Pictures of the sea life in the cut between Little Jost Van Dyke and Green Cay, BVI
30 Photos
Created 17 March 2008
Here are a number of pictures of St. Maarten and the places we visited
36 Photos
Created 21 January 2008
Photos of Nanny Cay
6 Photos
Created 11 January 2008
Join us as we explore the Spanish, American, and British Virgin Ilsands.
15 Photos
Created 20 October 2007
To help get you ready to go sailing with us, we wish to introduce you to Leu Cat so you will know what to expect when you get here! Just click on the first photo and then use the "next" button to advance through this slide show.
19 Photos
Created 19 October 2007
This is a collection of photos documenting our sail through the Windward Islands during May/June 2006 with our son, David Paul.
62 Photos
Created 14 October 2007

Who: Mary Margaret and Dave Leu
Port: Dana Point, CA