LeuCat Adventures

Join us in sharing our adventures as we sail around the world. NEW!!************************************************************************* GET A COPY OF OUR TECHNO-TIPS DOCUMENTS--JUST CLICK ON THEM UNDER THE "FAVORITES" HEADING ON THE RIGHT

24 September 2017
30 August 2017 | San Francisco, CA
02 July 2017 | Simpson Bay Marina, Cole Bay, Sint Maarten
01 July 2017 | Simpson Bay Marina, Cole Bay, Sint Maarten
30 June 2017 | Simpson Bay Marina, Cole Bay, Sint Maarten
29 June 2017 | Simpson Bay Marina, Cole Bay, Sint Maarten
28 June 2017 | Simpson Bay Marina, Cole Bay, Sint Maarten
27 June 2017 | Simpson Bay Marina, Cole Bay, Sint Maarten
26 June 2017 | Simpson Bay Marina, Cole Bay, Sint Maarten
25 June 2017 | Simpson Bay Marina, Cole Bay, Sint Maarten
24 June 2017 | Simpson Bay Marina, Cole Bay, Sint Maarten
22 June 2017 | Simpson Bay Marina, Cole Bay, Sint Maarten
21 June 2017 | Simpson Bay Marina, Cole Bay, Sint Maarten
20 June 2017 | Simpson Bay Marina, Cole Bay, Sint Maarten
18 June 2017 | Simpson Bay Marina, Cole Bay, Sint Maarten
17 June 2017 | Simpson Bay Marina, Cole Bay, Sint Maarten
16 June 2017 | Simpson Bay Marina, Cole Bay, Sint Maarten
15 June 2017 | Simpson Bay Marina, Cole Bay, Sint Maarten

Year 9 Day 2 Feelin’ The Love

30 January 2016 | Prickly Bay Marina, Grenada
Dave/Mostly Sunny
It was so nice to get up this morning and seeing all of the blog comments, Facebook comments and emails we received, welcoming us back to Leu Cat. What a nice way to start the day. We wish to thank all of you for taking the time and making us feel welcomed. As the saying goes: "we are feelin' the love!"

I am afraid that I don't have much in the way of excitement to write about. Being just our second day back, our focus is mostly on getting the boat un-mothballed and livable again. This entails such mundane things as putting up the shade tarp over the front half of the boat, hanging up the hammock, moving stuff from the inside of the boat back to the outside of the boat where it belongs, refilling the water tanks, etc., etc., etc. It usually takes us two or three days (and sometimes more) to get Leu Cat fully functional and livable again.

When we un-mothball Leu Cat it is not all work and no play. We are still a bit tired from the trip home so we intersperse work with some rip roaring card games. Our current passion is a game called Hand and Foot and it is a nasty form of canasta. Over the years of playing, we have modified the rules a bit to make it not so nasty. We used to have all kinds of fights over this silly game as one would "waa, waa" over how poor their cards were and then - Wham! - would draw the right cards allowing them to go out and win the game. It would really piss the other person off. Thus, the form of the game we now play is much tamer and much more fun to play. By the way, Mary Margaret is the current champ as she leads me by winning 14 of the last 26 games. Yes, we even tease each other over how many games each of us has won. It is all in good fun and we look forward to playing a few hands each day.

We also took our rental car today and did major grocery shopping. The local IGA is a great supermarket, albeit it is a bit expensive. However, over the years of cruising, we have learned that we should not look at the prices too much. The fact that we have a store, where we can get good meats, cheeses, and produce, is a treat. Our motto is: "If you can find it and you need it, just get it." We have been to too many places around this world which just do not have much of the stuff that we so enjoy or the quality is not there.

We did learn this morning that we can stay put in our marina. We were originally told that we would be getting kicked out upon our return to Leu Cat because our slip was reserved for a boat that was coming to participate in the annual boat rally that starts today. However, it appears that he is not coming after all. We are not usually marina rats as we prefer to anchor in more remote places and get away from the noisy crowds. However, it is more convenient for us to be in this marina right now. We have a lot of running around to do before we sail over to Trinidad in a week or two so staying in this marina makes things much easier for us.

Tomorrow we plan on taking a day off from the un-mothballing chores and just play. We have decided to take a picnic lunch with us and return to the neat beach we discovered when we first arrived here. We had a great time there with our friends from S/V Infini, Michael and Susan. We are looking forward to playing in the ocean, lounging on the beach, BBQing burgers and sipping ice cold beers in the shade of the palm trees. Yes, life is good!
Comments
Vessel Name: Leu Cat
Vessel Make/Model: Lagoon 440
Hailing Port: Dana Point, CA
Crew: Mary Margaret and Dave Leu
About: Our goals are to spend the next 10 to 15 years cruising around the world and sharing this adventure with family and friends.
Extra: S/V Leu Cat is Lagoon 440 rigged for blue water sailing. It is 44 feet long with a 25 foot beam
Social:
Leu Cat's Photos - (Main)
1 Photo
Created 27 February 2017
Wedding and Reception photos April 18, 2015, Yosemite, CA
49 Photos
Created 30 April 2015
Here are some pics that I took while visiting w/ my parents in the Galapagos Islands
22 Photos
Created 29 March 2010
Our Photos of this very magically place
94 Photos
Created 21 September 2009
1 Photo | 7 Sub-Albums
Created 1 April 2009
A tour of St. Kitts that Mary Margaret and I did
75 Photos
Created 7 May 2008
1 Photo
Created 25 March 2008
Pictures of the sea life in the cut between Little Jost Van Dyke and Green Cay, BVI
30 Photos
Created 17 March 2008
Here are a number of pictures of St. Maarten and the places we visited
36 Photos
Created 21 January 2008
Photos of Nanny Cay
6 Photos
Created 11 January 2008
Join us as we explore the Spanish, American, and British Virgin Ilsands.
15 Photos
Created 20 October 2007
To help get you ready to go sailing with us, we wish to introduce you to Leu Cat so you will know what to expect when you get here! Just click on the first photo and then use the "next" button to advance through this slide show.
19 Photos
Created 19 October 2007
This is a collection of photos documenting our sail through the Windward Islands during May/June 2006 with our son, David Paul.
62 Photos
Created 14 October 2007

Who: Mary Margaret and Dave Leu
Port: Dana Point, CA