Levesque Thai and Burmese escapades summer 2017

Vessel Name: Saint Emilion
Vessel Make/Model: Sun Odyssey 409
Hailing Port: Phuket
Crew: Nick, Joanna, Elodie, Zacharie, Audrey
About: Ze Levesque clan is going Thai-tastic! After 6 years of flotilla training in the Med, we are launching into real exotic bareboat charter just to remind us what it is all about.
Extra: Dear Friends and extended Family, this blog is for you to share our adventures, hopefully inspire you and make you laugh.... or just reassure you mum!
28 August 2017 | Mandalay
27 August 2017 | Mandalay
23 August 2017 | Yangon
16 August 2017 | Koh PhiPhi Don and Phang Nga bay
16 August 2017 | Koh PhiPhi Don and Phang Nga bay
13 August 2017 | Ko Ngai
08 August 2017 | Langkawi relatable marina
04 August 2017 | Currently in Koh Lanta
31 July 2017 | Ao Nang near Krabi
29 July 2017 | Ko Yao island in the middle of Phang Nag bay
15 July 2017 | Home: UK - London - Wimbledon
Recent Blog Posts
28 August 2017 | Mandalay

trainee woodcarvers

27.8.17

27 August 2017 | Mandalay

Bagan and now Mandalay

24.8.17

23 August 2017 | Yangon

Old Burma new Myanmar

23.8.17

22 August 2017 | Myanmar Yangon

Last days on the boat and onwards to the land-based expedition

Sorry we have not blogged for a while and just for your confirmation everything is fine.

16 August 2017 | Koh PhiPhi Don and Phang Nga bay

Elusive Leo and beach extravaganza

15.8.2017

16 August 2017 | Koh PhiPhi Don and Phang Nga bay

Elusive Leo and beach extravaganza

15.8.2017

Part of the picture and back to Thailand

13 August 2017 | Ko Ngai
Elodie and Jo
10.8.17

Today monsoon blast all morning so to not waste time we went an incredible 3D art museum.The paintings were life size, in all the pictures no person was painted. The places where people were meant to be were empty, so you go and pose while someone took a photo of you. Then when other people look at the photo it looks like you are fighting a dragon or flying with white wings. When we came out of the museum it had stopped raining so went on the sky cab a kind of bubble lift like when skiing but this time above the juggle. The sky cab went up to the highest mountain in Malaysia ! Also on the way we were supposed to see 7 waterfalls rather disappointingly we only saw 2, still the view was amazing we almost saw the other end of the island !!

11.8.17-13/8/17
Leaving Langkawi we went to The 'Hole in the wall' - a local name for a creek leading from the sea to an anchorage which turned out rather bizarrely to be almost a boat graveyard - whole host of boats moored to weather the monsoon...

Having eaten at the fish farm restaurant ( enforced penury of selection as running out of Malaysian ringgit) we were picked up at our boat the next day to visit the bat cave and other local sites.. Bat cave quite spectacular but for me the 12 golden eagles diving for food was the highlight - not something you see every day!

Since then we have returned to Thailand - passing by Tarantao the night before last and then last night back to craggy Phedra island. This is really the rock of nightmares however it was a safe anchorage through a horrible storm last night which saw a cat with a shredded genoa come and seek safe harbour with us as well as various local boats.

Now on ko ngai - monsoon seems set in so good mornings and rainy afternoons. Back to ko phi phi tomorrow.
Comments

About & Links