Levesque Thai and Burmese escapades summer 2017

Vessel Name: Saint Emilion
Vessel Make/Model: Sun Odyssey 409
Hailing Port: Phuket
Crew: Nick, Joanna, Elodie, Zacharie, Audrey
About: Ze Levesque clan is going Thai-tastic! After 6 years of flotilla training in the Med, we are launching into real exotic bareboat charter just to remind us what it is all about.
Extra: Dear Friends and extended Family, this blog is for you to share our adventures, hopefully inspire you and make you laugh.... or just reassure you mum!
28 August 2017 | Mandalay
27 August 2017 | Mandalay
23 August 2017 | Yangon
16 August 2017 | Koh PhiPhi Don and Phang Nga bay
16 August 2017 | Koh PhiPhi Don and Phang Nga bay
13 August 2017 | Ko Ngai
08 August 2017 | Langkawi relatable marina
04 August 2017 | Currently in Koh Lanta
31 July 2017 | Ao Nang near Krabi
29 July 2017 | Ko Yao island in the middle of Phang Nag bay
15 July 2017 | Home: UK - London - Wimbledon
Recent Blog Posts
28 August 2017 | Mandalay

trainee woodcarvers

27.8.17

27 August 2017 | Mandalay

Bagan and now Mandalay

24.8.17

23 August 2017 | Yangon

Old Burma new Myanmar

23.8.17

22 August 2017 | Myanmar Yangon

Last days on the boat and onwards to the land-based expedition

Sorry we have not blogged for a while and just for your confirmation everything is fine.

16 August 2017 | Koh PhiPhi Don and Phang Nga bay

Elusive Leo and beach extravaganza

15.8.2017

16 August 2017 | Koh PhiPhi Don and Phang Nga bay

Elusive Leo and beach extravaganza

15.8.2017

Bagan and now Mandalay

27 August 2017 | Mandalay
Zacharie, Elodie and mummy
24.8.17
Today was our last day in Yangon and we needed to get out of the city - unbelievably dirty and noisy. We took the ferry across the river to Dalla and then a cab to our destination - a snake temple. Supposedly more than 40 pythons have chosen this particular temple as their home and are worshipped. Interesting for everyone as its not every day you can stroke a python. Quick walk round the lake and onto the nightbus. Yes we are really backpacking and took a nightbus to Bagan.

25/8/17
At 7o clock we got off the our overnight bus ( kids slept fantastically adults wrecked....) and got a taxi . When we arrived at the hotel dad had an argument with the driver about what price to pay. Once resolved we got our bearings, mum and dad had a quick nap, a dip in the pool and we were off to Old Bagan. An old walled city with some of the most important historical monuments in Burmese Buddhism - Bagan was the effective centre of the original nation state. Really interesting, really hot too...

26.8.17
Today we hired 2 electric motorbikes to see around lots of Pagodas .Unfortunately the
hardest part of the journey was right at the beginning when we were not used to them yet.It was a sand road ,dad,Audrey and Zac were fine but mum and I had a couple of skids which ended in the bike falling over on it's side.No one got hurt !Half way through the sand road I had to swap to dad's bike so it was easier for mum to drive.When the sand road finished I went back to mum.Then we went around some Pagodas .Luckily a few of them had murals to look at.After a few temples Audrey ,Zac and I got bored but to boost our energy we saw a monastery where monks live.

26/8/17
Today we went for a walk to see one final pagoda . One quite weird thing is that we ourselves are curiosities and people rush to take photos. Especially of Audrey then the other children but even of Nick - we think because of the burgeoning facial hair after 5 weeks! when we came back Zac ,Audrey and I got one final swim then we had to get on an four hour minibus to Mandalay . We had so many bags we took up all the luggage place in the mini bus, luckily the of the rest of the people were light travellers . We felt every bump.....

Keep the comments coming please.
Comments

About & Links