Libellule

22 August 2023 | Bodö
22 August 2023 | Reinebringen, Reine/Lofoten
18 August 2023 | Kvalrossbukta, Jan Mayen
15 August 2023 | Cape Greg, Liverpool Land coast
14 August 2023 | Marianer Fjord, Liverpool Land
13 August 2023
13 August 2023
12 August 2023 | Turner Inlet
07 August 2023 | Kangertivartikajik Fjord, Tasiilaq region
06 August 2023 | Tasiilaq
05 August 2023 | Qerqikajik bowl, Tasiilaq island
04 August 2023 | Qingertuaq/Tasiilaq Fjord
31 July 2023 | Kulusuk
30 July 2023 | Kulusuk
30 July 2023 | Denmark Strait
28 July 2023 | Hrafnsfjördur
24 July 2023 | Veidileysufjördur
16 July 2023 | Coast just outside of Seydisfjördur

WAHOO !

22 November 2009 | 1313 nm NE of Trinidad
Rob
The catch of the day was a beautiful Wahoo. Because Philipp was having his beauty sleep (...), I was able to wheel it in myself. What makes it special for me is that I named my boat in Zurich the Wahoo II and that this is actually the first time I saw one alive. Both the boat and the fish are fast and elegant! The Wahoo (the fish) can get up to 2 meter long. The Wahoo in our picture for some bizarre reason looks smaller than it actually was, in any case it should be close to two meters as well. The other catch was a good size tuna during the morning shift, so dinner is again secured!

Back to the order of the day. Because it is Sunday, Ruedi made the traditional Zopf. For the non-Swiss readers, this is a white bread shaped like braided hair. So I guess all Swiss girls must wear their hair like this on Sunday otherwise the tradition doesn't really make sense?!

For the last few days we had very good wind and made good progress. We are averaging around 7knots with top speeds around 11 knots. The wind is East and there is a nice swell from the same direction both pushing us towards Trinidad. With this speed we should arrive around the 2nd of December.

The wind speed we cannot read anymore because the wind meter broke down last evening. Owning a French built boat is I guess the same experience as owning a French car! Sylvain is trying to fix it, but is for obvious reasons not to keen on getting in the mast with the wind and the waves we are having. He left a message with the producer of the wind meter, so let's keep our fingers crossed..

So life on the Libellule is still good, crew is still intact, in good shape and we are looking forward to having an iced cocktail in Trinidad!
Comments
Vessel Name: Libellule
Hailing Port: Switzerland
Crew: The Cottier family on s/v Libellule
Extra: Caribbean - Greenland/Iceland - NW Passage - South Pacific - Antarctic Peninsula - Svalbard- East Greenland
Libellule's Photos - Main
4 Photos
Created 30 July 2023