Schooner Halie & Matthew sails for Haiti

07 April 2010 | Near Grand Bahamas Island
Liberty Mission Support HQ
The schooner Halie and Matthew departed yesterday at 16h00 for Haiti. After a full day at sea, she is sailing well near Grand Bahama island. They are averaging 6 kts boat speed, and have been tacking into a easterly headwind for the last 24 hours, so their velocity made good is only around 3 kts. The slow progress is likely to continue since the winds will remain east, and then south east as they make their way through the Bahama chain of islands. The crew are all doing well, nobody is seasick, and except for a slight leak around the rudder shaft, all systems are in good working order.

If you are a relative of one of our crew members, and you didn't get a personalized email update, please contact us. We have received several bounced emails from addresses provided by them.
Comments
Vessel Name: Liberty Schooner
Vessel Make/Model: 78' Steel Schooner
Hailing Port: New York
About: Philip and Sharon are committed to life transformation. Our vision for the Liberty Schooner is to create a unique learning environment as a catalyst for a life transforming experience. We want people to develop to their full potential.
Extra: Our Leadership Coaching and Sail Training programs realize positive life change for leaders and teams in such a way that they increase their effectiveness and influence in every area of their lives, in the office and at home.
Home Page: http://www.libertyschooner.com

Leadership Development &Team Building aboard the schooner Liberty

Port: New York