Fireworks Display Information

29 June 2009
Philip
We still have some open spots, a few people have scheduling conflicts. Call Sharon @ 973-309-1881.

The following information was found online about this years fireworks show.

To celebrate the 400th anniversary of the exploration of the Hudson River by Henry Hudson, Macy's will stage a show stopping pyrotechnic show over the Hudson River instead of the East River this year.

The Macy's July 4th fireworks display originally made its debut on the Hudson River in 1958 before becoming an East River tradition in 1976.
Macy's 4th of July Fireworks 2009

The 2009 Macy's fireworks show will feature more than 40,000 shells exploding at a rate of more than 1,500 per minute (that's eight times more high-level fireworks than last year's show). At approximately 8:20 pm on July 4th, the 26-minute display will be set off from six barges positioned between 24th and 50th Streets on the Hudson River.

The fireworks will be synchronized to a score of patriotic standards, classic river-themed works, and original music. The legendary New York Pops will perform the musical score under the direction of Steve Reineke. Broadway superstars Audra McDonald and Idina Menzel will perform.

Before the big fireworks show, spectators can enjoy an FDNY Fireboat water show (featuring arcs of red, white, and blue arcing 300 feet in the air) and an Air National Guard jet flyover.
Comments
Vessel Name: Liberty Schooner
Vessel Make/Model: 78' Steel Schooner
Hailing Port: New York
About: Philip and Sharon are committed to life transformation. Our vision for the Liberty Schooner is to create a unique learning environment as a catalyst for a life transforming experience. We want people to develop to their full potential.
Extra: Our Leadership Coaching and Sail Training programs realize positive life change for leaders and teams in such a way that they increase their effectiveness and influence in every area of their lives, in the office and at home.
Home Page: http://www.libertyschooner.com

Leadership Development &Team Building aboard the schooner Liberty

Port: New York