Lilliputian

Cruising aboard the trawler and meandering south. Hope to see you out there.

07 April 2020
03 April 2020
03 April 2020
02 April 2020
31 March 2020
23 March 2020
23 March 2020
22 March 2020
21 March 2020
20 March 2020
17 March 2020
14 March 2020
10 March 2020
10 March 2020
10 March 2020 | White Point, Great Guana Cay Exuma
07 March 2020
07 March 2020
07 March 2020
06 March 2020 | Little Bay, Great Guana Cay Exuma
05 March 2020 | Blackpoint

Blackpoint

11 March 2017
We finally moved from Staniel Cay to Blackpoint. Of course the first thing we did here was to eat at Lorraines. We have been coming to Lorraines Cafe since we started cruising in the 80's. She has done a total remodel of her place since we were here last and it looks great. Lorraine's mom also makes great homemade bread so we will get some before we leave, probably my favorite coconut.

Our chore for the next day was laundry. The Rockside Laundry here is the best one in the entire Exuma chain. Also it has the most beautiful view you could ask for while waiting for the clothes to be done. The owner, Ida, also does haircuts so you can take care of 2 things at once. She also rents golf carts so we decided to rent one for a half day to tour the island.

We rode around on the paved streets as far as we could go which didn't take us very long. The island is not that big. We then decided to go to the other end of the island to a beach we had been to before. However we had to go off road, onto a very rocky, bumpy path. Not sure if we were supposed to take the golf cart off the beaten path but we did anyway. David worried it would break down or run out of battery before we made it back but we did ok.

On Friday night all of the cruisers got together at Scorpio's, a local bar, for happy hour. Their 2 for 1 rum punches made it hard to walk back to the dinghy. They make them with 3 different types of rum and just a splash of juice.

We will spend another day here and then head back to Staniel Cay. We just got an email saying our package that we have been waiting on has arrived there. After that we aren't sure where to next. It will depend on the weather, it dictates our every move.
Comments
Vessel Name: Lilliputian
Vessel Make/Model: 49 Marine Trader Custom Pilothouse
Hailing Port: Louisiana
Crew: David, Deb, and Nicholas (sometimes when he wants to fish or dive...LoL)
About: David and Deb purchased their first boat together before they were even married! Thirty plus years and son Nicholas later and they are still at it! Having just switched from a Gulfstar 50 Ketch that was home for 22 years to a trawler is the focus of this new adventure.
Extra: Totally Retired!!! Now just hanging out on the boat and going back and forth to the Bahamas.. Say hello if you see us!

The Lilliputians

Who: David, Deb, and Nicholas (sometimes when he wants to fish or dive...LoL)
Port: Louisiana