Lilliputian

Cruising aboard the trawler and meandering south. Hope to see you out there.

07 April 2020
03 April 2020
03 April 2020
02 April 2020
31 March 2020
23 March 2020
23 March 2020
22 March 2020
21 March 2020
20 March 2020
17 March 2020
14 March 2020
10 March 2020
10 March 2020
10 March 2020 | White Point, Great Guana Cay Exuma
07 March 2020
07 March 2020
07 March 2020
06 March 2020 | Little Bay, Great Guana Cay Exuma
05 March 2020 | Blackpoint

Windy Weather

27 January 2018
We are still in Marathon. This has been an extremely windy winter. A few weeks ago, when you all were having snow and ice we were having cold and windy weather here. This week we are having windy but warm. The winds have been howling at 30+mph with gusts in 40's for the last 2 days and are expected to last for another day or 2. Friends in the Bahamas say its windy there too so we are just sticking around here till things calm down.

This is a nice place to be stuck. We did get to take a trip to Sombrero reef and snorkel the one calm day we had between windy days. S/V Godspeed hosted a group of 8 of us for the trip out to snorkel aboard their catamaran. We met them last year in the Bahamas and they are now on the mooring next to us. Its great to see them again. The boating community is a small world. We keep running into folks we have met on previous trips

We rented a car for a weekend and went to a nautical flea market in Big Pine Key. Other than that we have been hanging out with friends, trying out the different happy hour specials at the local restaurants and pretty much being lazy and hanging on the boat on windy days. Maybe we will catch a break during February and get a crossing window.

The picture above is Lilliputian on a foggy morning in Boot Key Harbor taken by Nancy of s/v Godspeed.
Comments
Vessel Name: Lilliputian
Vessel Make/Model: 49 Marine Trader Custom Pilothouse
Hailing Port: Louisiana
Crew: David, Deb, and Nicholas (sometimes when he wants to fish or dive...LoL)
About: David and Deb purchased their first boat together before they were even married! Thirty plus years and son Nicholas later and they are still at it! Having just switched from a Gulfstar 50 Ketch that was home for 22 years to a trawler is the focus of this new adventure.
Extra: Totally Retired!!! Now just hanging out on the boat and going back and forth to the Bahamas.. Say hello if you see us!

The Lilliputians

Who: David, Deb, and Nicholas (sometimes when he wants to fish or dive...LoL)
Port: Louisiana