Sailing aboard Links

04 January 2017 | Vero Beach, Fort Myers, Cape Coral, Fort Myers Beach FL
22 November 2016 | Vero Beach City Marina mooring field
01 November 2016 | Puerto Plato aboard Fathom Adonia Cruise Ship
01 July 2016 | Puerto Plato aboard Fatham Adonia cruise ship
26 April 2016 | Okeechobee Waterway
20 March 2016 | Cayo Costa to/from Clearwater Beach
17 February 2016 | Along the Gulf of Mexico
30 January 2016 | Boot Key Harbor
13 January 2016 | Boot Key Harbor
24 December 2015 | Vaca Key
19 December 2015 | Boot Key Harbor
08 December 2015 | Boot Key Harbor
02 December 2015 | Marathon Marina
01 December 2015 | Boot Key Harbor
27 November 2015 | Tarpon Basin at Key Largo
23 November 2015 | Tarpon Basin at Key Largo
22 November 2015 | Tarpon Basin at Key Largo
18 November 2015 | Peck Lake
13 November 2015 | Mullet Creek
07 November 2015 | San Marcos mooring field of St Augustine Municipal Marina

Cruisers Life in Marathon FL

08 December 2015 | Boot Key Harbor
Jill / cloudy day after many rainy days
Just thought we would give you a glimpse of life in Marathon and Boot Key Harbor mooring field where we'll be staying for the next several months. Marathon has a variety of stores and waterfront restaurants where you can ride your dinghy, walk, or ride your bike. Boot Key Harbor is very protected, so we feel safe leaving our boats on the mooring ball during strong winds or rain. The city marina has nice facilities and amenities, and cruisers get to know one another at the laundromat, boaters lounge, dinghy dock, or under the tiki hut where we meet for pot luck dinners, crafts, sports, and even an outdoor movie. There's even a morning cruisers net where we learn what boats arrived or will be leaving, anyone with questions or has something to buy/sell/trade, and any activities that are happening at the marina or around town.

The top left picture in the collage was taken during a dinghy ride to the dinghy dock and shows the tiki hut and the yellow building with the office, boaters lounge where we get wi-fi, library of books for book exchanges, 2 areas with comfy chairs and tv's, and a very large workshop. The next picture shows the building with the laundromat, restrooms, and showers with the dinghy dock in the foreground. The bottom left picture is one of many bike racks located around the marina grounds, and the bottom right picture shows a sunset over Boot Key Harbor.

It's hard to believe that we've already been here a week. It rained almost every day and/or night, but we still found time in between rain showers to go biking and walking around town, dinghy to waterfront restaurants, and watch the movie “Maiden Trip” at the tiki hut. Later this week we'll meet with fellow Gemini catamaran owners, watch the boat parade on Saturday, walk to church on Sunday, followed by a pot luck brunch under the tiki hut. See why we like it here?
Comments
Vessel Name: Links
Vessel Make/Model: Gemini 105Mc, Sailing Catamaran
Hailing Port: Taylors Island MD
Crew: Tim and Jill
About: We enjoy sailing and cruising around the Chesapeake Bay and the Delmarva Peninsula on our sailing vessel named Links. Every other year we become snowbirds and spend winters in Florida. We visit wonderful places and meet friendly people everywhere we travel. Life is good!
Extra: It's as much about the journey as it is the destination!

Profile for S/V Links

Who: Tim and Jill
Port: Taylors Island MD