Sailing aboard Links

04 January 2017 | Vero Beach, Fort Myers, Cape Coral, Fort Myers Beach FL
22 November 2016 | Vero Beach City Marina mooring field
01 November 2016 | Puerto Plato aboard Fathom Adonia Cruise Ship
01 July 2016 | Puerto Plato aboard Fatham Adonia cruise ship
26 April 2016 | Okeechobee Waterway
20 March 2016 | Cayo Costa to/from Clearwater Beach
17 February 2016 | Along the Gulf of Mexico
30 January 2016 | Boot Key Harbor
13 January 2016 | Boot Key Harbor
24 December 2015 | Vaca Key
19 December 2015 | Boot Key Harbor
08 December 2015 | Boot Key Harbor
02 December 2015 | Marathon Marina
01 December 2015 | Boot Key Harbor
27 November 2015 | Tarpon Basin at Key Largo
23 November 2015 | Tarpon Basin at Key Largo
22 November 2015 | Tarpon Basin at Key Largo
18 November 2015 | Peck Lake
13 November 2015 | Mullet Creek
07 November 2015 | San Marcos mooring field of St Augustine Municipal Marina

Back Home in MD

14 April 2014 | Little Choptank River
Jill / Gusty south winds from 8 kts increasing to over 20 kts on Sunday
On Saturday, the southern part of the Chesapeake Bay was flat calm. It was the calmest we've ever seen the bay! After motor sailing 73 miles in a little over 11 hours, we anchored in Mill Creek off the Great Wicomico River in VA, with s/v SeaQuest rafting to us. It was our last night together, at least for this trip. Bud and Jen presented us with the most amazing memory board of pictures and sayings of our trip together. (Not that we could ever forget them or this trip!) We spent the evening enjoying appetizers, shrimp and grits, and a game of straight, old school Farkle. Needless to say, there were also a few tears shed.

Early Sunday morning after hugs and tears, we left our anchorage and motor sailed out Mill Creek and watched a beautiful sunrise as we entered the bay. The trip up the bay was pretty comfortable with 1 to 2 foot swells. The winds continued to increase and were pretty gusty. We turned off the motor and enjoyed a quick and comfortable SAIL up the bay. As we turned toward the eastern shore, we waved goodbye to Bud and Jen as s/v SeaQuest continued up the bay. It got rather choppy with the wind on our beam as we SAILED into the Little Choptank River and dropped the sails at the mouth of Fishing Creek. What a great way to end the day and our amazing journey!

We were gone about 6-1/2 months and traveled 3029 miles on our trip down the East Coast to the Florida Keys and Marathon, up the Gulf Coast as far as Punta Gorda, across the Okeechobee Waterway, and back up the East Coast to Maryland. We feel very blessed to have made lifelong friendships as we visited many new places and met family and friends along the way while enjoying the journey and the incredible beauty all around us!!!
Comments
Vessel Name: Links
Vessel Make/Model: Gemini 105Mc, Sailing Catamaran
Hailing Port: Taylors Island MD
Crew: Tim and Jill
About: We enjoy sailing and cruising around the Chesapeake Bay and the Delmarva Peninsula on our sailing vessel named Links. Every other year we become snowbirds and spend winters in Florida. We visit wonderful places and meet friendly people everywhere we travel. Life is good!
Extra: It's as much about the journey as it is the destination!

Profile for S/V Links

Who: Tim and Jill
Port: Taylors Island MD