Sailing aboard Links

04 January 2017 | Vero Beach, Fort Myers, Cape Coral, Fort Myers Beach FL
22 November 2016 | Vero Beach City Marina mooring field
01 November 2016 | Puerto Plato aboard Fathom Adonia Cruise Ship
01 July 2016 | Puerto Plato aboard Fatham Adonia cruise ship
26 April 2016 | Okeechobee Waterway
20 March 2016 | Cayo Costa to/from Clearwater Beach
17 February 2016 | Along the Gulf of Mexico
30 January 2016 | Boot Key Harbor
13 January 2016 | Boot Key Harbor
24 December 2015 | Vaca Key
19 December 2015 | Boot Key Harbor
08 December 2015 | Boot Key Harbor
02 December 2015 | Marathon Marina
01 December 2015 | Boot Key Harbor
27 November 2015 | Tarpon Basin at Key Largo
23 November 2015 | Tarpon Basin at Key Largo
22 November 2015 | Tarpon Basin at Key Largo
18 November 2015 | Peck Lake
13 November 2015 | Mullet Creek
07 November 2015 | San Marcos mooring field of St Augustine Municipal Marina

Great trip for the Gemini Owners Rendezvous

23 June 2015 | West River, South River, and the Little Choptank River
Jill / hot and humid, mid 80's, rain overnight
The Gemini Owners Rendezvous was happening over the Summer Sailstice weekend, so we decided to enjoy a couple of extra days before and after the rendezvous.

Last Wednesday, we motor sailed and even sailed for a while up the bay. The bay was calm and the visibility was great! There were many schools of fish breaking the surface and we saw several cownose rays along the way. There were also many crab pots at the entrance to the rivers.

We anchored in a scenic cove off the West River and dinghied around several creeks. The next morning we motor sailed to South River, where we anchored in Harness Creek, another scenic anchorage.

Harness Creek is a favorite anchorage with beautiful scenery and shore access to Quiet Waters Park. It was great to walk along the paved bike paths and nature trails thru the woods to get out of the hot sun. During one of our walks, we saw a deer in the woods. During one of our dinghy rides, we saw 2 foxes along the shore. We just love to see wildlife in addition to watching herons and ducks on the water!

On Friday afternoon, we motored up the South River and docked at Pier 7 Marina, where Gemini Catamarans hosted the Gemini Owners Rendezvous. It's always fun to visit with old friends and meet new friends! We enjoyed cocktails and appetizers at Coconut Joe's Friday night, a sail on a new Gemini Legacy 35 built by Catalina on Saturday, and a delicious bbq dinner in the evening. During the weekend, we toured each others boats, got ideas for future projects, and had a great time with old and new friends!! The days were hot and humid, so we were thankful for the overnight rain showers!

After saying goodbye to our Gemini friends Sunday morning, it was time to head home. With NW winds at 10 kts, we motor sailed out the South River and SAILED as we headed down the bay, at times sailing over 7 kts, as the winds shifted to the West at 10 kts. It was an AWESOME SAIL down the bay from the South River to the mouth of Hudson Creek in the Little Choptank River!

We anchored in Hudson Creek for the night. No need to hurry home, even though the A/C would have felt good. It was more humid than we hoped it would be, but it was still a pleasant evening at anchor. When we got up in the morning, we decided it was time to head back home.

What a great trip to the West River and South River, a wonderful time with Gemini friends, ending with an awesome SAIL down the bay!!
Comments
Vessel Name: Links
Vessel Make/Model: Gemini 105Mc, Sailing Catamaran
Hailing Port: Taylors Island MD
Crew: Tim and Jill
About: We enjoy sailing and cruising around the Chesapeake Bay and the Delmarva Peninsula on our sailing vessel named Links. Every other year we become snowbirds and spend winters in Florida. We visit wonderful places and meet friendly people everywhere we travel. Life is good!
Extra: It's as much about the journey as it is the destination!

Profile for S/V Links

Who: Tim and Jill
Port: Taylors Island MD