Sailing aboard Links

04 January 2017 | Vero Beach, Fort Myers, Cape Coral, Fort Myers Beach FL
22 November 2016 | Vero Beach City Marina mooring field
01 November 2016 | Puerto Plato aboard Fathom Adonia Cruise Ship
01 July 2016 | Puerto Plato aboard Fatham Adonia cruise ship
26 April 2016 | Okeechobee Waterway
20 March 2016 | Cayo Costa to/from Clearwater Beach
17 February 2016 | Along the Gulf of Mexico
30 January 2016 | Boot Key Harbor
13 January 2016 | Boot Key Harbor
24 December 2015 | Vaca Key
19 December 2015 | Boot Key Harbor
08 December 2015 | Boot Key Harbor
02 December 2015 | Marathon Marina
01 December 2015 | Boot Key Harbor
27 November 2015 | Tarpon Basin at Key Largo
23 November 2015 | Tarpon Basin at Key Largo
22 November 2015 | Tarpon Basin at Key Largo
18 November 2015 | Peck Lake
13 November 2015 | Mullet Creek
07 November 2015 | San Marcos mooring field of St Augustine Municipal Marina

Interesting Change Of Events in Marathon FL

19 December 2015 | Boot Key Harbor
Jill / windy day in sunny Florida
There are times when I get writers block and haven't a clue how to find interesting words to write on our blog. So I decided that since there are captions on all the pictures that we upload to the web album, why not just mention again on our blog that we upload photos more often than updating the blog. Click on the "PHOTOS from 2015/2016 Florida Trip" link located on the right side to check out our pictures to see some of the fun things that we're doing rather than reading about it on our blog. Enough about that...

Every day it seems that we either run into cruisers that we met before or meet new cruisers who are staying in the harbor. A couple of days ago our friend Rolando arrived in the harbor on s/v Savka and picked up a mooring ball in the next row. That was pretty cool, because Rolando was the very first cruiser that we ever met on our first trip in 2009 and we've seen him every year in Florida and also in the summers when he stays in a marina in Cambridge MD. Very cool!

Another couple that we've become good friends with in the harbor is Sid and Michele aboard s/v El Camino. We met Sid and Michele in Vero Beach on our last trip after friends of theirs told them to look for two Gemini catamarans who were traveling together. That would be s/v Links and s/v SeaQuest. Well, they happen to be on the mooring ball right behind us, so it's real easy for all of us to get together. Earlier in the week, the six of us - Bud and Jen, Sid and Michele, and Tim and me - went for a ride on s/v Links to go snorkeling at Sombrero Key Light. There was a nice breeze, so we had an enjoyable sail to the reef. However, because of the nice breeze, it was a little rolly at the reef, so we didn't snorkle too long. When we returned to the harbor, we all got in our dinghies and rode to the end of Vaca Key to go swimming in a heated waterfront swimming pool at Sunset Grille. What a nice treat and a great day!! The above photo was taken with me at the helm during our fun 3 boat dinghy convoy! A couple of days ago, the six of us got together in the large cockpit of s/v El Camino, a 41 foot catamaran, for sundowners and lots of fun conversations!! Hopefully Sid and Michele will go along with Jen and me to a Christmas concert tonight.

That brings me to another change in our plans. Bud has a friend who was delivering a boat to Marathon, so Bud and Tim took that unique opportunity and hopped a ride back north so they could pick up our vehicles and drive them back to Marathon. It's a long drive from FL to NJ and MD then back to FL, but it looks like for the first time, we'll have our own vehicle in Marathon. Should be interesting...

Until Tim and Bud return, Jen and I are keeping each other company and we're finding lots of fun things to do. Last night was a card game, tonight is a Christmas concert at the community theatre followed by music at Dockside, tomorrow night is sundowners on s/v Improbability, and Monday night is a conch train ride in Key West to look at Christmas lights and sing Christmas carols. Hopefully, Sid and Michele will be joining us in the fun! Looking forward to our hubbies arriving home safely before Christmas!!
Comments
Vessel Name: Links
Vessel Make/Model: Gemini 105Mc, Sailing Catamaran
Hailing Port: Taylors Island MD
Crew: Tim and Jill
About: We enjoy sailing and cruising around the Chesapeake Bay and the Delmarva Peninsula on our sailing vessel named Links. Every other year we become snowbirds and spend winters in Florida. We visit wonderful places and meet friendly people everywhere we travel. Life is good!
Extra: It's as much about the journey as it is the destination!

Profile for S/V Links

Who: Tim and Jill
Port: Taylors Island MD