Ya Ha Ha Ting

The fun times aboard Liquid Therapy. With - Susan and Brooke Smith

Day 36 Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Port Royal Landing Marina

Did I mention that the normal tide here is 8’ ? Yep, king tides occurring the next few are making that 10+ feet. The current is crazy here like we are underway at regular cruise speed both directions while tied to a floating dock going up and down like a fair ride.

Today Susan and I didn’t do anything with the boat except check and adjust a few of the dock lines getting really strained. Instead we used the courtesy truck and hit the grocery and hardware stores for a few things. Susan is making spinach soufflé and cheese straws for the marina Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow. I got electrical supplies to replace a socket and 3 gallons of oil for the upcoming oil change.

Just before sunset Susan and I took a walk around the marina development. We think we could move here. It’s just nice small cottages. Earlier today we spoke with a lady in a store and she said she was from Massachusetts and had visited relatives here and went home and sold her house in two weeks and moved to Port Royal. The marina neighborhood here has little turnover. And, there are no homes for sale right now according to the marina. ( Yes we did enquire )

Today’s picture is the sunrise through the bridge this morning. The bridge looks fine after having the barges and tug hung in the fender system last night.


Comments