Ya Ha Ha Ting

The fun times aboard Liquid Therapy. With - Susan and Brooke Smith

Day 62 Monday, December 21, 2015

Passage - Lighthouse Point Yacht and Racquet Club - Harbor West Marina, Miami
10:47 AM Underway
4:17 PM Docked face dock Lighthouse Point Yacht and Racquet Club
34 miles 6.6 engine hours

Lighthouse Point Yacht Club was an outstanding stop. But where were we going next? The marina we had wanted near Jonathan’s was full. The other suggested marina was also full. I had called a boat club / marina and they said they had space. Beggars can’t be choosers so that was where we headed.

Fourteen more bridges to get under. Four we had to have open. Missed one bridge by 3 minutes and had to wait another half an hour for the next scheduled opening.
Of course the wind was up again today. 15-26 knots. The wind really wears you out bouncing the boat.

Passing through Ft. Lauderdale, it was fun viewing the beautiful waterfront homes and large boats! What an immense concentration of wealth in one area! The inlet crossing was a little tough with the wind blowing ocean waves straight down the inlet while we were trying to cross. Did I mention it was windy? Anyhow, Liquid Therapy got tossed a bit but is very seaworthy and we didn’t get too upset. It was only for about 1 mile before we were back in the narrow waters of the ICW, passing restaurants on the water. It was fun remembering four years ago when we stopped at some of these places!

Finally we pulled into Harbor West Marina and got all tied up. Jonathan dropped by on the way from his work with some welcome local beer and cheese. Nice to be here for Christmas.

Today’s picture is a typical Ft. Lauderdale house and boat.


Comments