Ya Ha Ha Ting

The fun times aboard Liquid Therapy. With - Susan and Brooke Smith

Day 74 Saturday, January 2, 2016

Passage - Harbor West Marina, Miami to Shuckers Restaurant to Harbor West Marina
11:45 AM Underway
12:05 PM Docked at Shuckers Best Western Restaurant
1:10 PM Underway
3:25 PM Docked at Harbor West Marina

12.5 miles 3.1 engine hours

Just a perfect day for a lunch and sight seeing cruise about Miami. Of course the crazy locals were out flying around this way and that. Jonathan and 3 friends, Susan and I all cruised to Shucker’s, a nice seafood restaurant that has a dock. The docking was without incident, but the wakes being thrown by other boats were concerning. We tied Liquid Therapy up starboard side to the dock with taut fore and aft spring lines so the boat could not move forward or aft. The bow and stern line we left with some slack so the boat could roll with the wakes. Three fenders cushioned the toe rail where the pilings were. Even though the boat was rolling constantly the fenders did their job. Still, it was hard to not watch the boat while we were eating, as it was rolling along side the piles.
After lunch we got away from the dock without a scratch in close quarters of other boats that had arrived. Onlookers were amazed that we didn’t hit something. Or, were they disappointed we didn’t? People like to see something go wrong it seems. Just joking. Sometimes I look pretty good handling a boat. I always say skill and luck help, with luck beating out skill from time to time. But, sometimes things just don’t work out as well.

We then cruised Indian Creek while checking out the rich and famous. Why we went by
Lil Wayne’s house. Mostly glass with a skateboard park on the roof. Google it if you want to. I didn’t take pictures and all I find on line are copyrighted. We had to open the Indian River bridge twice to check out these scenes.
We docked back at Harbor West Marina and can’t wait for Monday morning to leave this place. Tomorrow we might check our provisions and head south Monday morning down to No Name Harbor anchorage to wait out the cold front coming. I’ll check the winds though, as it’s a “no sleep night” when a front comes through. As I write this, the wind has shifted and seems to be coming out of the north already. That could be really good for Monday.

Today’s picture is the famed Fontainebleau with a couple boats.


Comments