Ya Ha Ha Ting

The fun times aboard Liquid Therapy. With - Susan and Brooke Smith

Day 129 Friday, February 26, 2016

Bayside Marina, Islamorada, FL

It’s been a mixed stay here at Islamorada with the wind and temperature. And, as I write this, it’s 55° wind NE15 -20Kts, with small craft advisories. This is our last weekend at Islamorada. We will be heading north, slowly, starting Tuesday, March 1st. All the captains say it’s been unusually windy, rainy and chilly for all of January and most of February.

We have had company since Thursday, the 18th. Carter and Nelson Rosser have been our guests on board Liquid Therapy. We crewed with them, around the Chesapeake Bay, for 7 years while we were boat-less. We are ‘boating compatible’ and had great fun with them. They brought good weather and we were able to cruise some and explore by car, as well, to show them the highlights of the Florida Keys. Thursday, we took them back to Miami to fly back to the frozen north. We decided it was best to go by Jonathan’s to pick up our winter clothes as well as my guitar, bass and uke. After spending the night visiting with Jonathan, we headed back to the boat to prepare for the 1195 miles back to Horn Harbor Marina in Mathews, VA.

We have hired a diver to clean the bottom, prop, rudder and shaft of Liquid Therapy so she will slide through the water better. The only scheduled maintenance is an oil change on the injector pump. I’ll get to that tomorrow and we should be all good to head north!

There are some places we missed on the way down that we want to see on our trip north. We hope to be at Cape Canaveral for a launch March 22.
( https://www.kennedyspacecenter.com/events.aspx )
Also, along the way, we plan to revisit some of our friends and relatives as well as some of our favorite places, too. If we take the ‘back way’ to Manteo, we will try to get to Big Trout Marina, for the night, before the ‘shrimp factory’ closes! Yum!
Funny thing is it seems to be GARDEN WEEK here, in the Upper Keys. Since it’s too cold and windy to use the boat tomorrow, we might go on a garden tour here in Islamorada.

Today’s picture is Susan and me in front of the famous Lorelei's mermaid. We do love Lorelei's ( http://loreleicabanabar.com )


Comments