Ya Ha Ha Ting

The fun times aboard Liquid Therapy. With - Susan and Brooke Smith

Day 135 Thursday, March 3, 2016

Passage - The Marina At Factory Bay, Marco Island, FL Naples City Dock
11:51 AM Underway
2:03 PM Docked Slip 5
2.1 engine hours 15 miles

Short run today. We took the inside passage from Marco Island to Naples through some nice mangrove canals. Saw one manatee nose stick up for air but never got close enough to see the rest of him.

Then we entered Naples Bay. Wow, really high dollar real estate with many new waterfront homes under construction. Funny how multimillion dollar homes are torn down to build new homes. Lots of money evident here. As they say on the business report lots of “non-farm payroll jobs”. I just can’t imagine tearing down a sound structure to build “new” home and using construction cranes to build a single family dwelling. Now that really looks nuts.

Susan and I docked at the Naples City Dock in one tight fairway. When I turned to back into the slip I wasn't sure if I had enough room. Our bow was almost hitting the boat on the next dock and the stern was about hitting the guy behind me. Thank goodness there was little wind or current to deal with. After some jockeying and we were in safe. Time for a beer and lunch.

We walked to Tin City, which is a junky bunch of shops and restaurants along the Naples waterfront. Bought some local non grape wine made from key limes. Kind of strange to our taste. But, we like to support local farmers and merchants.

We decided for dinner we were actually tired of fish and chose to try a highly rated short order Italian restaurant for a Stromboli and antipasto. Just wonderful! Tomorrow we head for Ft.Myers and will catch up with one of our neighbors, Lisa White. Funny how our path keeps crossing with friends.

Today’s Picture is one of the new home construction in Naple


Comments