Ya Ha Ha Ting

The fun times aboard Liquid Therapy. With - Susan and Brooke Smith

Day 3 & 4 Fall Cruise Friday & Saturday morning, October 21& 22, 2016

Reedville Marina, Reedville, VA

As I writer this it is Saturday morning, drizzling rain and gray outside with the blowing 23-29 knots. Liquid Therapy is whistling and cold air is blowing up the sink drains. The A/C has switched to heat as it’s 56°. Good day to read a book. Since the pirate’s jamboree was canceled , maybe I’ll finish “ LAST DAYS OF BLACKBEARD THE PIRATE”.

Not going anywhere today or tomorrow it appears.
CHESAPEAKE BAY FROM DRUM POINT TO SMITH POINT-
  GALE WARNING IN EFFECT THROUGH LATE TONIGHT
 SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM LATE TONIGHT THROUGH SUNDAY
 EVENING

Might look at real estate since it appears we are going to be trapped by the weather long enough to become Reedville residents.

While walking back from the Tommy’s Restaurant Thursday night I realized we were at the end of Route 360. I am going to see if the town council will spring for a sign that says “END Rt 360” on one side and “BEGIN Rt 360” on the other side. Kind of like the sign in Key West for Rt.1.

Destiny, a 36’ sailboat, pulled in behind us yesterday (Friday) . After meeting Howard and Jim and chatting a bit it was decided to have Happy Hour on Howard's boat at 5PM. Might as well it’s gonna blow a gale.

We have too much leftover food from Kelly’s restaurant at Cape Charles and Thursday night at Tommy’s restaurant. We vowed to eat aboard for lunch and dinner yesterday. That was until we had sudden guests show up. Griff and Ann Holland had driven down to the boat ramp here in Reedville to retrieve a boat hook. Griff’s favorite boat hook!! Ann had dropped into the water at the boat ramp a few days ago. ( a divorce-able offense ) Griff had come way prepared with rakes and extension for rakes to rake the bottom for his beloved boat hook. When they got to the boat ramp they saw it had washed ashore and simply picked it up and just came to see us. So off to eat lunch with them driving us to Cockerel Creek Fish Market. I had oysters so big I cut them into thirds. Great lunch. ( We might be throwing out some leftovers tonight. )

Just at 5PM the front hit. Here it comes huge wind etc rain as we are trying to walk to Destiny for happy hour with drinks and snacks. The sailboat was very nice and the company was too. Both guys are married and their wives put up with boating, but are not into it like these guys. So, it’s a guys long weekend for them. They had been to Smith Island and then came here due to the bad forecast. None of us know when we will leave Reedville.

We did eat leftovers aboard last night. Considered going to the Crazy Crab for dessert. But, we had left over cheese cake ( Who ever has left over cheesecake? ) and it was spitting rain and wind was picking up.

Today’s picture is a big scary Halloween House in Reedville.


Comments